CWP ~4

Creative Writing Process tutorial #4

I plan to write the story tonight and wanted to put down where my mind is at right now.  I wrote a very rough draft and now am ready to write the real story.  I think how I will do it is the story will be from the doll's point of view and the video tutorials I make will be from mine, give it a cool 'both sides' view.  

I can already picture several of the video tutorials!  I cant decide whether I want to put the scripts on here since I wont be filming them yet so it doesn't become unbalanced.    

The idea is I need to get rid of this doll because...  and the rest becomes the story and videos...

So, tonight I will create an unnamed family in an unnamed town who have to move to mine after their kids are arrested and tried for murder...  Half wants to make it the younger one gets out early and comes "home" and kills his parents then  himself and that is how the doll ends up in the shop where my sister eventually buys him...  

Half of me wonders if trying to throw all that backstory in to his story will ruin it.  I mean backstories are usually told as a sequel, right?  So having it ready to go will be added incentive to some indie director  :p   Deciding things like this help greatly before you try to write the story down...  for my own sake, I might write the whole backstory now but know I will cut it for this story.  I can plan it as my sequel  :p

For my part, all this researching horror has begun to effect me.  I am the one people loved to see at horror movies.  I am the one that would scream and race out of the theater if someone did some sort of scare thing to me... One vivid memory I have is where my sister, our friend and me went to a horror movie.  I hated to go with her because she always left to 'date' and would leave me there all alone!  Yikes!  But it was worse when they stayed.  I usually sat in front of them since I had no desire to watch them make  out or anything.  I would get scared and tense and their date would do something like reach around my head and make that 'argh' scary sound.  grrrrrr!!  lol, one reason I have ambivalent feelings about doing horror...   love it/hate it!

So, I slowly become, what is the word?  Where the stories and images begin to take hold of my active imagination...  You know what I mean... Noises around the house suddenly take on a creepy cause and effect my mood.  Where I become scared in my own house!  :p  I think I can write it.  I can see how I want to shoot it so that is good!

lol, so these are the thoughts that are buzzing around my head.  What was that cool Asian horror one?  It began so well but turned into a weird anti-abortion one?  Recycle I think it was called.  I just love the opening idea, the writer wants to write a creepy scary story so allows herself to get into that scared to the bone mood!   



That is about where my mind is right now.  So hopefully in the right place to write the horror story!   I will post it once finished!  


Where this series starts 


hugs,

~Sea

Comments

Popular Posts