Attu

Attu

It really drives me crazy, how it happened!  The truth of what happened and how it is referred to...

Here is an article that is an example of what I mean:



Example of wrong descriptions!



This line especially:

Half would die before they returned to America. None would ever see their village again.

Nowhere does it say that they would never see their village again because America stole it away from them!!  It is a very terrible part of American history, one they want to erase, just as they are trying to erase us!  

If you hear them tell it, Attu tribe is gone along with our "lost" village...  but they were never given the choice because by then it was a US navy base!!  It is America's disgrace and eternal shame how they were treated.  Instead of trying to correct the evil they did they try to erase the descendants.  

It needs to be corrected!  It is why I want to create my stories, to show the world the beauty of my people!  That they will lose a rare and unique gift if they allow us to become erased!

I am trying to get funding but it is going slowly!  I am currently working on help develop a tv show, so that is a start I guess.  The experience I gain will help me in future funding I hope!

I hope to get my non-profit off the ground soon too!  So trying very hard and things are going forward so that is good!  

But please help!  When you see articles saying things like "lost village" please write to correct it.  Tell them to say the truth of what happened instead of a vague "lost" or even worse one: "abandoned"!   The Unangan were forcibly removed from their villages, not by choice!  So please write them to correct it when you see them using these words!  Words have meaning!  And these meanings are an insult to the survivors of this horrible, destructive war crimes!

thanks!   ~Sea

Comments

Popular Posts