CWP ~5

Creative Writing Project ~5  first re-write...

I tried to get a good feel for what I wanted the story to be.  I think I did a half good job, I know I need to work on it,  a lot!  But I got the structure down and will see if I like it still in  a few days.

Step 1)  

I did the rewrite! woot!

I tried to set it up and try to feel what  doll would feel... it needs work!!  that much I know, but I wanted to get it down at least...

 
Step 2)

I feel like I need to wait a few days before reading it again so I have "fresh eyes".   

If I like the structure of then I will work to shape it up.  if I decide it is too silly to try to add in a 'screenplay element" that is my point of view, i will find a way to change it.  Right now it seemed to fit since most reading this blog know I am writing my low budget horror film "S'happens".   It made me giggle thinking people reading it will think "look at that, she even thinks in script format!!"  hehe

Step 3)

Once I decide whether or not to keep this structure then comes the hard part...  The edit!  yikes!  I will need to read it and mark where I need to add the 'scary vibe' ...    I guess it is called "pacing" of the story...  Where it reads like it could not be written any other way and make as much sense  :p  

Step 3 1/2)

This is also where you can show the story to people to get their first impression.  Showing your work to someone else can be scary for a lot of different reasons!  

I think the most common fear is someone ripping off our idea...  

But the real deep down fear is that they will not like it... yikes! 



I think part of it is I am trying to keep it bland enough that someone can take it over, you know...   man, I really need to work on that one scene where the doll is in the older brothers head and the younger brother can see him!  It is funny since I see things visual now instead of as words...  so I can see it clearly, the 2 boys leaning over a big rock with their bb guns.  the older one taking a shot then looking  at his brother to get his approval.  The younger boy sees a big porcelain doll head instead of his brothers face.  Only for a moment, but...!!!  

I need to grind the gears to a halt and get back into writing mode instead of trying to visual it as a film scene!  

I can picture dialog for certain moments, but will wait until I decide whether or not to keep this structure. 

 Lol, I think I said it would be 100% improvement over the rough rough draft, did I do ok??

I hope you are enjoying this tutorial, if that is even the right word for it...  I am having fun writing it.  I hope it will help writers who need an extra push to go for it!  I remember saying in one earlier blog how I do not believe everyone can be a 'writer', so if you are reading these then you fit the 'writer' profile!  :p   

So, I started writing it around 1am and it is now just after 3am, not bad!  it is the next parts that can take forever though!  figuring out exactly where to add some creep, where to take away a giggle!  But I think that is partly I giggle when I get nervous, so if the images in my head are creeping me out I throw in a giggle  ;p

so "like", "share" "comment" "follow", you know, the usual...

hugs,

~Sea



 

Comments

Popular Posts