To accept or not to accept...

I am so torn about this art grant I got!  I won an art grant but am also hesitant about it!


One of the big suggestions is to write our legislators to thank them for the grant, for making it possible, etc.


Would you have asked someone in one of those holocaust death camps in #europe to thank the nazis for giving you the crumbs of what they stole from you in the first place?


Genocide of the #indigenous of this half of the world is so ingrained into westerners that they do not even think of it as a bad thing!  


They think because #Justice is not instant that it is not happening...


But it makes me torn to accept the grant or not!


The genocide of this half of the world is part of my theme for the grant, a reason I want to do this idea in the first place.  So it is not like they are unaware of it or my feelings about it.  

It also upsets me tremendously too though, that they will grant this small portion and if I behave like a good little girl I might get more... forget that!  The #indigenous are not children who need foreigners to supervise us!!

It is genocide, plain and simple!


So, no, I will never write the legislators to thank them for destroying my culture and throwing me a single crumb to save my People!  Even if it means I do not get that grant!


#Justice is real if not instant and this ongoing #genocide will end in our lifetime, that I 100% believe, no matter how hard they fight, no matter how many #indigenous they rape and murder... the evil is ending!


So, no art grant, but I will still do my stuff and be more real and meaningful doing it ourselves even!



#Attu

#Unangan

#Justice

#genocide

#indigenous

#holocaust


Comments

  1. I am so proud of you for saying this outloud- Lots of people are trained to thank their abusers. I am one of the indigenous that want to restore our lands. way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, so many believe and can feel that Change is coming! I know the #genocide is ending within my lifetime, so exciting! and finally!

      Delete
  2. Thank you, things wont change until we make them change!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on my thoughts...

Popular Posts