Soulless Rewrite One



Soulless

It really started for me that summer after I moved into that house.  Backed to a wooded area, from my window I could see a long way, not that much interesting happened at first.  The boys were your usual rough housing sort, nothing to get excited over until I accidentally overheard a conversation between them.  They had no idea I was listening to them so they did not guard their words. 

Murder.  Now that is an idea that can fixate in your mind, even if you don't want it to, but  I did.  Somehow I liked that idea:  Murder.  I wasn't even sure exactly what it meant but it sounded good to me.  I liked the energy they had as they talked, the excitement, how alive they were.  It made me feel alive too.

I guess up until that moment I never really had a purpose or goal, or a serious thought.  Now it seemed all I could think about.  I began to wonder about it, the feel of it, the taste of it, I never had such thoughts before, as you can imagine.  It was new and exciting.  I felt trapped though, I did not know how to embrace the freedom I so desired.

You ever feel like someone is trying to look through your eyes?  Like they are desperately trying to see what you see?  I felt trapped with only ever being able to look out the window and never go outside. It was impossible in my condition.  But now I had Hope.  Anything was possible if you wanted it bad enough.  I first tried the younger boy thinking he would be easier but his thoughts were ever only half formed it seemed.  More like he just followed his older brother's lead.  The older brother turned out to be a goldmine!  He seemed unaware of me and I could almost see what he saw and feel what he was feeling.  Only when he was most excited and concentrated could I sneak into his head.

Luckily for me he was most excited when killing birds with his bb gun.  It was such fun at first.  I could be right there as we squeezed the trigger together.  His high from it did not last as long as I wanted though and it began to fade faster and faster.  It would take me a few days to get back the strength to try it again.  Luckily I could usually see them heading off to the woods together from my window on the second floor. 

It was a bad month when he got a girlfriend and I could not get into his head at all, it was full of her...  The younger one missed hanging out with his brother and that made it easy for me to take control of him one sunny afternoon.  My aim was horrible, but it was my first time actually pulling the trigger.  I aimed at the girl as they sat on the hill together, hand in hand, enjoying the hot sun and lazy afternoon together.  Instead of hitting her right between the eyes as I was aiming for, I got the bottle of water next to her.

I could not get out of the younger boy fast enough and endured the beating he got from his brother.  Pain!  I never knew about pain before, not like this!   It was almost a month before I even wanted to attempt it again.  I was scared of feeling pain again so hesitated.  Then I remembered I felt none when I was inside the older one's head...

It became very easy to take control that moment the trigger was pulled.  I think his younger brother even saw me looking out through his eyes since he would stare funnily at his brother.  I guess I would be creeped out too if my brother suddenly turned to look at me and had someone else's face!

I would be so worn out from the effort though that it was almost Halloween before I could get the strength to try again.  Now I know people think it is just a holiday to get dressed and up and get free candy but it also is a day of Power for those who understand it.  I never felt so strong, ever before!  I actually got up and began walking toward the younger boy explaining I had a plan that would benefit us both.  I have no idea what I said that scared him so much but he was terrified of me.  I walked toward him slowly, using a gentle voice but he still acted so scared of me. 

I knew I had limited time so decided to go for it.  I was just about to him when he screamed and kicked me so hard I flew across the room and slammed into the wall.  Pain!  Again nothing but Pain!  I do not like pain!  He tried to jump out the window and landed on his head I guess since I never saw him again.  They put me back into box I had come in.  No room to move, no room to breath, nothing but dark and silence...

**                                                                  **
Soulless Opening Scene

INT living room of her house, evening

The woman is sitting at her computer desk placed in the corner and facing the front door.  She is alone in the room and browsing on her computer. 

She seems nervous about something.  (the camera shows her computer screen, slowly panning right to glance at the closet door next to the front door, a couple of times like she is afraid someone is hiding there.)

She opens her word processor and then sits there staring at the blank screen.  (each little noise the house makes her look at the coat closet)

She takes a deep breath and we can see her typing

I feel like I am going crazy!  I can feel the doll!  Like it is trying to creep around my brain or something.  I wish she had never given me the stupid thing!

She reads what she wrote, sighs and deletes it.

fade to black

**                                                    **


It has been so long since I felt anything.  How strange to find myself on another shelf, with no window even!  That scent, what is it?  She reeks of it, but it awakens my senses.  I can almost feel again.  I can barely see though.  Just a dim light most of the time and sometimes I can see I am on a shelf. 

It must be a year since I feel so alive once again!  Not that it was like last time though.  Something happened, like I fell asleep and cant wake up...

But I woke up today, so it must be Halloween!  I cant see very well and it takes all my strength to try.  At least I can feel again.  but how strange, I don't feel the same as before.  I think it was being in that box so long.  I must have died and am only now coming back to life.  I think it is the scent she uses that keeps me half asleep all the time!

I can hear her conversations sometimes, when I am half awake.  I like her, she is such a phoney!  It is amusing!  If I had a choice I would pretend to like people to their faces then say what I really feel about them when I am alone!

The scent she uses, I figure out it is some kind of candles and incense she burns, for magic power or something.  It does not seem to work very well for her since she is as sad as ever!  You would think it would be easy to invade her mind.  Somehow it is like she feels me but does not now it is me, but sometimes she does look at me like she knows I am awake.  She thinks we are friends.

How strange that she wants into me and I want into her body!  Too bad I do not know how to switch us.  That darn scent, makes me so sleepy!  Halloween has come again!  I can feel the power building!  She is doing something strange though.  It causes me to feel so strange.  I do not understand. 

Sudden blinding pain.  A thousand knifes cutting me to pieces.  Her voice trying to get inside me.  Stop!  Stop!  Stop!  Stop!  the pain burns me!  The pressure is getting too much.  I need this to stop!  I am torn into a million pieces and know only pain.  I feel shattered but look the same on the outside.  She seems to feel she accomplished something, but I feel the same as ever. 

Cant think, too much pain!  Please stop!  Please, I will do anything!

Time must have passed since I can feel another Halloween.  That makes 3 with this lady!  I can feel my shattered pieces pulling back together as the day approaches!  She is starting it again!  I can almost remember this! 

Concentrate!

Remember!

I remember!

I will be ready this time!  I can feel it starting again.  This time I will grab her! I will pull her into me and get out!  Got you!  Wait, something is wrong!  What is happening?  why cant I get out?  She is holding me tight!  No, I wont stay here!  I refuse to be trapped forever with you! 

I see her beside me, as real as  I am.  This doll body feels too cramped for the both of us!  I grab her by the neck and squeeze.  Oh, it feels so good.  Yes!  Don't scream, how can you still scream?  Shut up! 

I begin to shake her, my rage making me lose control.  But it worked, she was not as strong as me.  I could feel the life leaving her.  I guess I should have jumped into her body, but this felt so good.  I could not stop until she totally faded away.  I am too tired to think...



**                                                                    **

Soulless  New Opening Scene

INT her living room, evening

She sits at her computer desk, writing frantically.  She seems half nervous but half determined.  She types with a fury, rage building as she makes so many typos! 

(the camera is in the middle of the room, showing her in the corner then swinging around to show the coat closet.  The camera pans in as we hear her typing fast)

DOLL:  Halloween!  I can take her over at Halloween!  ( a creepy male voice seems to be coming from high in the closet)


The camera moves away from the coat closet until it is behind her and looking over her shoulder as she types.  She is making a list of things to do to get rid of the doll before Halloween!

fade to black

**                                                               **

I can feel she is special!  She is not like any of the others I met so far.  She has a power of her own.  But it is hidden or something.  It seems to protect her from me.  I can get so close but then suddenly the searing light burns me. 

I foolishly tried to invade her mind when I thought she was sleeping.  She was sleeping there but she must have felt me since she sat up and looked at me.  I know she saw me.  I could see myself through her eyes.  I was a black shadow in the dark room.  I thought she would not be able to see me in the dark but she did!  I felt terrified!  Like getting bitch-slapped hard!  I flew back into my body.  I saw myself for a second.  A dark creepy shape!  I have no soul!!!!!!!!!!

is this true?  Do  I have no soul?  I do not understand anything anymore.  I just know I have to survive to Halloween.  By then I should have my strength back! 

I am trying to be subtle, but somehow she senses me and I can not get close.  But I know she can hear me "whisper"...  I am trying to convince her to give me to someone weak, someone she does not like much...

Comments

Popular Posts