Diabetes as Motivator!

Diabetes as Motivator!

I was not feeling very well and when I went in for my checkup my doctor noticed right away something had changed.  I guess I had lost a lot of weight (40 pounds) and he took a lot of tests.

It was funny since the lady scheduling the one special test and check up got  a hold of me before my doctor did.  she was wanting to schedule some tests and all and I was like "umm, why?"  and she said for my diabetes, it was a common thing to check like this.  I was like "Umm, do you have the right person, I don't have diabetes"...

Poor lady felt so bad about it.  But I ended up going to appointments all that week.  I met with the nutritional lady and she was calling my doctor about something, I forget what now, but got a hold of another one.  it worried her my blood sugar was so high.  One is supposed to be about 6.5 and was 13.5 and another was supposed to around 100 and was over 400.  So she scheduled me to come in the next day, a Saturday.  This was after I spent Mon- Thursday at various appointments already.

I began to fear I was dying and they did not want to alarm me.

When I got there though and asked what exactly this appointment was for, the nurse was like "yeah, we were not sure either!"  so, relief!

But it scared me!  Going from having all the time in the world to suddenly maybe I am dying!  And it motivated me too!

All the ideas bubbling around in my head, I decided to do one right now!  The Bride of Sorrows was 5 novels I was working on, I kept getting ideas for one while working on another so had 5 going at once.  One was a short story that is completed, but the rest are only parts.  So, I was going to pick one and finish it, now that I had diabetes that was out of control!

That is when I became inspired to do the horror trilogy instead...

The first one I wrote is a supernatural thriller, set in the Unangan villages of Attu and Atka and the big city of Anchorage.  It should be good, I have the first draft done and am working on ideas to improve it.  I can see it in my head so that is the important thing!  Parts can be better, but I am not sure how yet.  I think because I see it in my head and am also going to Direct it that I did not write a ton of descriptions for the scenes.  So when some others read it the first time they wondered about it.

I have her flying to Anchorage and first thing she decides to do is shop for some clothes.  I knew I planned on dressing the villagers in specific looks that are not how we dress today.  So when she gets to Anchorage she realized she stands out more then she wants to.  I wanted some good Mall chase scenes too....  hehe...

heading out now, hugs and take care!

~Sea

Comments

  1. This one might interest those with Diabetes and wanting to know how the natural method is working out for me... I will blog about it some time so you can wait until then to comment, hugs! they will all have diabetes in the title, so easy to find! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh- you got diabetes? Man. I hope you can finish your unique stories outlines! Post some of it so us viewers can see it!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on my thoughts...

Popular Posts