Indie Director

Indie Director

I still smile when I think of myself as "Director", it is that new.  I have been a writer forever and look forward to this new phase of my life!  I looked around a lot and learned a lot, but just doing it will be the best teacher I think.

My iPhone is the camera I am using until I get one of the ones I want.  I had fun trying to figure it out, it looks super goofy though!



My daughters and I are planning a new promo one.  It is funny to do a promo for the promo!  But baby steps seem to be the order of the day...  So, this one we plan is to direct a small scene in the backyard.  Hopefully it will be as interesting as I see it in my head!

I am writing more of them, little short things to get practice.  I have a documentary "Mayor of Attu" and then one called "Erase Me At Your Own Risk" that deals with a lot of things those living a "hard" life face and how to get past it to what is real!  A lot will be taken from my old Journal site:

This hopefully will take you to the last page of my Journal that has the first ones I wrote:



I tried to talk about issues like low self esteem, bad marriage, etc.  I am trying to think how to write it.  I remember at one point I wanted to become a journalist and had written an article called "The Slug Monster Of Anchorage" about low self esteem and how you can hide behind a fake mask but it is infinitely better to take it off and deal with things...

This horror trilogy will be a huge adventure as well!  I wrote them with a lot of the same people appearing (not the stars, but supporting roles) trying to pre-plan it so it can be shot at once.  No one is cast yet (well, a few are but mostly not) but once I get the groups I will post about it.  It will be fun trying to get them into character and costumes!  I don't think as a people we have been in films really, so this will be a blast!  New and exciting for us all!  Hopefully that will balance out the hard work we will need to do to get ready!


But I think I got it planned where it can be done!  I expect post production to take a bit since I want it to look nice!  The feel will be a new one hopefully, if I can do what I see in my head for it!  The sublime with the creepy hand in hand!  I am hoping that the funders will get more confidence in the project as we get it more organized.

I am releasing them in opposite order though, Bride of Sorrows is the "flagship" but released last.  The zombie one will take a bit to make sure the effects and all look nice but it is the second and then Ni Na Noh will be released first.

I did not think of it from the funders point of view at first, I guess I pictured them being excited to be a part of it instead of "she is asking for how much of a loan?".  I can imagine it now after reading lots of sites about it.  I guess it is not too uncommon for us new directors to feel so good about a project that we forget we lack not only experience in the field but as "director" as well.  Lol, thinking of it now, I can see why they hesitated.  I plan to shoot 3 feature length movies at once was the first big "SHE WHAT?" moment I am guessing....   I think I wrote that I raised 4 incredible daughters so am very good at multi-tasking and doing a dozen things at once.  Somehow it did not inspire the confidence I thought it would  :p   hehe...

But they were written with this in mind and there are a few crossover scenes even. They are well-planned I think, all taking place around the same time and even though they bump into each other, I don't have the zombie happenings in Bride...  Like alternate timeline story I guess... 

I know I will get them done!  I haven't begun searching for my crew yet, I wanted to get an idea of how long the funding will take.  I mean, they may wait until we have a bit of it shot even to see how it is looking and all.  But I am hoping it will be more then me and a few who want to break into the biz... 


The story that Ni Na Noh begins with is one we plan on animating, one of our Unangan Chronicle of the Dead ones...  but I am getting ahead of myself.  First these horror ones then the rest will follow quickly since they are already planned, a lot of it is anyway...

A huge ambitious project that I cant wait to get started!  Baby steps though for a bit more yet!  First the back yard scene, then the next campaign to see if I can garner interest.  I don't expect a whole lot since I expect people will be waiting for the first movie itself to reach post to help out!  But I think the interest will begin to blossom once we can get some "making of" videos, but that is a bit off yet.

But so excited!  How many other indie Directors are out there tonight?  too excited to sleep but too tired to work on the project since you don't want ramblings in it... 

Anyway, hugs and love,

~Sea

Comments

  1. I would love to meet other indie directors! Especially those just starting out like me! It will be so interesting to see the same journey but each so different! Don't be shy! I will go search for "indie director", maybe this weekend, and introduce myself! Dont forget to add it as a tag or whatever they call it! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is good you are excited, yet the loans are within your grasp yet you can't receive them yet. Your ideas sound full fledged though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on my thoughts...

Popular Posts