Pretty in Purple!

Pretty in Purple! 

Now I feel all dressed up and ready to go!  I might make it more stylish later on, right now I just wanted a place I can come post a quick thing and go...

Bride of Sorrows

This is my idea for the first project my new company will do.  It is the story of a young Unangan Maiden who refuses a marriage offer by saying she would rather die a thousand deaths.  Unfortunately for her, the Other she refused has the power to make it happen.  So, such a woman living under this "1,000" death curse always has an interesting life, but not necessary a happy one, hence Bride of Sorrows!

My mother was from Attu, the last island on the chain.  She was one of the ones taken to Japan as a prisoner of war.  While she was over there, the Americans ransacked their village and when they were brought back, it was never to their home again.  If this had happened to a white town the outrage would be immediate and fierce.  But it happened to indigenous, ones weary from being prisoners of war, too tired to fight for what was theirs!  And no one fought for them either!  The only Americans ever to be captured like that and it is hushed up.


That is bad enough, but imagine then, once they got a bit healthy again and wanting to go home to discover that America said no and that we could not even try to get heard by the UN or whoever helps!  Of course, this is not in writing, so there is no "proof" except that it became a US naval station or coast guard station...

So, I was one of the children born to this weird situation!  My white father would not let me learn any customs or language of my people.  My mother told me a lot but not to repeat, just to know.  She wanted me to be a writer, but not one expressing only pain and anger.  She wanted the beauty of our culture shown.  "Do not let what happens to you become who you are" were her wise words to me!  As her youngest, the age gap between us was huge, but we were close.

So, my work is not a political rant, but to show the diversity and our unique voice.  I think my project will interest people, and when they realize I am not the best story teller of my people, the demand for more will be great!

So, my plan was that I would tell her story of 1,000 lives in film, animated movies, novels, graphic novels and video games.  I was planning to start it off with some novels.  Then I joined Twitter and learned @Slash loves horror movies.  It inspired me to write 3 screenplays!

Ni Na Noh is a supernatural thriller.
Zombie Apocalypse, Unangan Style  is a new take on the whole zombie thing.
Bride of Sorrows is a serial killer/ love story.


 I have a tv series based off of Ni Na Noh, a video game and tv show based off of Zombie, and Bride of Sorrows is the kick off for the whole thing!    I am so excited and hope my funding comes through!  it will get done, just how quickly is the question  :p  And being forced to "practice" by doing other related things first is not necessarily a bad thing...  (breaks down, falls to knees and begs please please fund me  :p  )  hehe...

I think once the first one is done, people will enjoy it and want more!  So, I am a filmmaker, director, producer, writer and creative artist!  anyway, almost time to make dinner so...  hugs and love!


Comments

  1. This one probably wont get a lot of comments and that is ok. It is just something I needed to say, you know? Now said, we can move on to the Bride of Sorrows project itself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful that you look to the horizon rather than the ill that had happened to your kin. Sounds like a interesting series.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on my thoughts...

Popular Posts