Creative Minds...

Creative Minds...

Does it ever drive you crazy?  The explosion of ideas and thoughts?  The thought that if i had that darn Sony journalist backpack film kit I drool over I would rule the world??!! 

What is good about using Google Blogger is there is a button looking thing on the bottom right corner that says "Complain to Blogger" that you can see as you write your blog...  I dont know, somehow just knowing they care so much, are willing to listen to any moaning and groaning I might feel like doing, well, makes me feel loved and special and can breathe again...  :p

I am planning to do a "scene" soon, weather, colds and such threw us off schedule, big time!  It makes me realize there is a ton of back up plans that I as "director, producer, etc." will need to think about to keep my films on time and budget!

Luckily, with this realm, if the actress is like red nosed sneezing etc. and looks like heck, I can put her in a "mask" to hide it easily and then voice over when she is better, so phew!  Can you imagine a world where masks are common?  I think it would be cool!
Photo by David Groat

Ohhhhh, that reminds me of a "making of" scene I pictured the other day...  to learn the techniques and such and to introduce our Spirit and Nether realms we would do peek-a-boo scenes.  The camera would try to sneak up on the spirit or Other when they are taking off their mask to see who (or what) they are...  A few of the demons would pay handsomely to learn who certain people are "when they are at home" so I imagine their minions trying to sneak up on a Spirit or Demon or Other...

I was trying to picture ways to do the "unmask" thing where they can hide their face...  so the camera is trying to sneak up on them...  we see them from the back side view but they know we are there...  so they raise their hands to the mask and begin taking it off and the camera rises from a low crouching position to elbow height so we are still a bit below their head and then they suddenly turn to us...

I picture using a stocking with makeup face underneath so it is colorful but blurry so we can not see features at all...  it would get my actors (who are all probably first time actors!!) used to being filmed and doing scenes, the lighting, sound, etc. people would get lots of practice as we would just do it over and over with people trying variations they think of too...

I think it would help show our unique style too...  I picture the first year as learning and practicing the crafts since I plan a new industry and one we need to learn from the ground up, so to speak...  I plan on a "crew" of maybe 20, who will do bits of it all...  so besides learning to act they will also learn to do sound or makeup or camera or lighting...  making them try it all out so we are all at least a bit familiar with the terms and equipment...  then if they are skilled at it, have them learn more and more...

That is the problem and excitement of this project though!  A brand new industry for us, a brand new culture for the world to enjoy and learn!  If you picture where we lived (by choice, mind) it was isolated areas instead of city type places, so right off the bat you see it is very different from the Western world.  We traded with the Orient and the rest of the Great Land, we (as a tribe) were friends with the Spirit and Nether realms in a unique way, so access to different materials and knowledge was easier then imagined by Westerners studying our culture...  And of course, why on earth would we reveal these secrets and magics to them?  So it is undiscovered still!!  hidden from view... until now...  and why now?  good question but you will need to watch the Trilogy of Terror to find out....  hehe...  shameless self promotion moment...  

hugs and take care!

Comments

  1. I called it my trilogy of terror, but they are not exactly horror... There are creepy scary elements to be sure, but it is incidental to the story being told... lol, ok, not really, it is a bit scary in places but more story then horror... or more creepy then gore... or more this then that even!!! hehe... should not try to drum up interest when my mind is on food!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mysterious loL! I think a mystery element can work well with horror/creepy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping so!! It is nice to et comments! was so quiet here! hehe

      Delete
  3. Sounds interesting enough! If everyone had a mask, that sounds cool. Your are putting lots of thought into this Sea.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on my thoughts...

Popular Posts