Mindless thoughts that make you think...

Mindless thoughts that make you think...

I love the internet!  For becoming a filmmaker, I Googled to find a lot and followed links and more links to find some stuff  I like and understand and others that are bleh...   Lol, it still does not think "googled" is a word yet...  update the dictionary, googling is here to stay I think!

Man, though, picturing it all, I am so excited!!  I have been in talks with a make up company who are willing to come up here to do a workshop with us.  I tried to make it seem like an honor to be chosen, hehe, like you get to guide the newbs and imprint your style onto us!  If the financing comes together like I want then it will be so cool!!  I mean, we need to learn it and that costs money and I figured it was easier to keep my crew here and bring them to us and they agreed!

Except, I am not sure if my funders will want to use their own company maybe...  not that far into talks to know which way that wind is blowing...Lol, so far not into talks that "talks in person" have not occurred yet even!  More like here I am: ready, willing, and able!   Now give me the money and sit back and be amazed! 

But they know I am trying to set things up and into motion so once the money comes we can press the "start" button and it will fall into place!   But very hard to go up to people and say "ok, I have no money yet, and am trying to impress my backers by getting things into place"...    luckily, those in the "biz" knows it works like that so phew!!

How strange to say that "luckily" the economy up here is finally facing reality and prices of places are dropping and tons of cool buildings are coming onto the market!  So it is exactly the time to revitalize it by daring to invest in this project!  Since it is lots of money and board meetings and approvals and blah blah blah, it is taking forever and a day...  but I have faith!!

Lol, got to show as Director, I can lead us to a good place!  That I have the drive, ambition and talent to do this and do it well!   As Writer I can tell an interesting story that not only was enjoyable but makes them want more!  As Producer, I can keep us on track and find the money and resources we need to do the job.  Wearing many hats that the indie filmmaker needs and making it look good, hehe!

Wow, though, amazes me to think if I can actually pull this off, talk the funders into taking this chance on a good investment opportunity, to encourage Unangan to come try it out with me, a fun adventure together!

Man, writing on this blog makes me wish I had never, ever used "autocorrect" a decade ago!  My typing skills are getting so bad!  I got used to it Upper-casing my words for me even!  :p   having to go back and hope I catch each instance it did not automatically start a sentence with a capital!  Any one else notice that?  need to put warning label on it!  hehe...

What I think will ultimately turn the tide into our favor is that I have a "vision" for it all, have several items already completed for it and a great theme!   I can picture the films in my head, but read that we can expect to re-write it several more times before we get to the filming it part...  I have the 3 scripts ready, know I will have to do at least one re-write to finalize it and then as we go and hit unexpected snags and all...  So feel confident that the beginning idea is sound and can hold up to translation into scenes!    I have several interested in acting, depending on how the acting classes go and all, how big a part they want in them...

What works in our favor is since Time Immemorial we amused ourselves with stories, plays etc.  Not even hundreds of years of "contact" can extinguish it...  And it is the right time to bring it out and show the world!!  what they tried to destroy or make us forget, unveiled!!  (picture big drum roll but with Unangan drumming!!!)  Man, so much to do, what is great is I feel everyone is primed and wanting this sort of thing too, just needed someone to start it off!   Lol, picture me jumping up and down, arms waving in air to get their attention, shouting "ohhh, choose me, choose me!!"

I have also been wondering how to create a trope or meme or whichever it is called about it...  where it is well known I don't like "Western" things so if a Westerner is cast they are like "crewman #7" in Galaxy Quest!  everyone knows they are gonna die!!  hehe...    But, the underlying theme is we are One People.  (but that does not mean we have to all like each other  :p  )...  I pictured several ways...

One is get the zombie fans involved by having them do scenes to let us practice camera, sound and lighting.  I cant remember if I already mentioned the one scene I saw in my head...  one a hillside, wooded with those thin trees we have so many of up here, very pretty and one part is flat where we have a huge table set for a meal.  We want to capture sun rise over the hill and making the crystal sparkle on the table as the 'fake' zombies start coming!  One we focus on right away, seen a bit out of focus so she looks like zombie face and walking slow (not because she is zombie but it is early! hehe)  down the hill and one of us freaks out about zombies and just as she comes into side view where we can see it is make up since it ends on the sides of her face, one of us tries to shoot her.  She gives us a mean glare but does not stop walking down to the bus stop...  It is some sort of zombie dress up day so all the schoolkids and teachers are dressed up like them and walking to the bus stop below where we are..  We are scared until we realize they are not the 'real' zombies...  some pretending to be real zombies are not the real ones either...  there is a pretty wrought iron railing going down the path on both sides of the stairs down.  One is basic straight down and one is wider and more elegant curved one...  I realize a real one is trying to blend in while everyone just relaxed because these are not real! 

I think that scene would be tricky to film and give us lots of experience in working with not only the lights but how to capture the sounds  and not get the other cameras in view!  Where the crew thinks it is to capture the light right but it is really to test our reactions for when the "real" apocalypse happens! (Those of us who can read the signs..)    :p   lots of double intentions ~if that is the right words...  where we say one thing but it is really something else entirely...  those 'in the know' catch it while the rest just think our people did not pick a good location...  heheh...

ohhh, and in Bride, there is a cool chase scene, so get people willing to let us chase you into the woods and kill ya!!    What I love about bride is I can show these in entirety and it does not give the story away at all!   My idea is to find "famous white actors" to play the western village that gets killed off one by one...  they know how it works already so we can "watch and learn" from them hopefully...  Even though the scenes are not in the film exactly, it is an important part of the film!  I am sure we will need lots of practice to make it look right so finding locals who want to participate should be easy...  Especially since there are very few parts that are not Unangan!    The scenes I wrote were written in 3 seconds so we can rewrite it to give more depth to the characters...  but this can be done before the actual filming too!  I am trying to plan what can be shot now and what we need to learn more first...

What is especially appealing is there is a small lodge for sale a boat ride away that would be a great setting for the white village!  filmed from different angles with props and paint to set them apart from one another or something since i think there are only 4 cabins and one big lodge..   I wrote the realtor about it already and hope my funding can include it!!  But I am sure we can find interesting wood doorways people will want us to use in the scenes too, so...

Just so much possible depending on dream budget or bargain basement!  We can film the first one, Ni Na Noh, on a budget for the most part, except the effects we include will need money and software...  but once we get the other bits filmed and they can see it, we will get the funding we need!  

I am excited and it is really kind of fun planning it all out...  from worst case scenario: iPhone filming for Ni Na Noh to journalist backpack kit and practice practice practice! to dream budget!

Believe!!

hugs and see you again soon! 




Comments

  1. We'll live the dream! <3 #UnanganPride

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I am listening to "Kiss the Girl" from the Little Mermaid right now. It fits your page at this time. Not the kissing part, but taking the chance and here is your moment. This is refreshing change of direction for Native Movies. Lots of ''Native Movies" have the same recurring theme of strife, anger and someone white in there who turns out to be the hero. Lets see your moves Sea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will, dont worry! I wont ever quit until they are done!! hugs!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on my thoughts...

Popular Posts