Tiny Home Movement

Tiny Home Movement


What do you think of the Tiny Home Movement?  I truly love the idea, that people are realizing the impact they have had on the planet and want to change that.  I began watching the videos on YouTube, wanting to see what they are like.  Some I thought were "cute", a few "nice" and one I could actually see myself living in:



It has the sort of feel I would want in my own home.  I often wonder what it would be like to be "off grid".  I wonder how much of it we can transfer to our normal home life.  I think because I am short like her I could have that double loft and not feel closed in.


But I would probably go for a boat rather then a tiny home since I hope to someday be able to go back to Attu / Near Islands!  but this boat is a whole other blog :p

This is what I would probably do instead of a tiny home though...



But we do sort of live in a "tiny home" even though we are just about 1200 sq ft. there are 5 adult woman here.  I have been looking into options for when we remodel it.  I love murphy beds and that sort of thing and found a very cool home in the sort of style I would like for here:


So amazing to me!  I love seeing the ingenuity of people!  I like this sliding wall better then some I have seen because it does not have the rail in the floor.  I would rather pay a bit extra and get what I really want though.   I loved the complete tiled bathroom hiding the shelving...lovely! And their kitchen table that can raise and lower itself I love too!  Sometimes it would be nice to be able to stand straight and write then sitting and a table that can rise like that would be great!  Plus it hides the cables and stuff in the sliding pantry next to it.

I like that one tiny home also because of the stairs.  We have not picked an option yet, but one is to move the kitchen and add that sort of stair into attic lofts.  We want to create a look that will be modern Unangan that is a blend of the Orient, a bit Russian influence, a bit Asian influence like we would have traded with back in the day on Attu...  But I love the Marrakesh feel of her place too...  So maybe it will end up "Global" hehe....

It is funny how ideas can change as you discover the "technology to go off-grid" stuff...  I first wanted to redo the house in Cedar, inside and out...  But then I began thinking we should design it with a greenhouse too and then it changed to an attached greenhouse/attic space into 2 rooms idea now...   So the money would be spent on adding the greenhouse and converting the attic area. 

It is great to be inspired by creative ideas people have done!  I hope someday what we do will inspire others too!  until then,

hugs  ~Sea

Comments

Popular Posts