Buttercream

Buttercream

What is it about buttercream ruffles that makes me love it so..

This one I think is so wonderful, it is like being hugged!!!



Except for the top, so wish it was done in this style:



I so want to be able to decorate cakes!  I think my talent is more for writing/directing then baking and decorating though...  I will upload the pics of my 50th birthday cake where we tried to copy her cake but in purple and black...  hehe, epic fail I think it is called  :p  But I blame the hot kitchen from cooking the b-day dinner hehe...

I found a good vegan buttercream and we made a perfect batch the other day.  We did not try the ruffles just regular spreading it on, but it was so yummy!  I think that fondant cant match it for looks, though some fondant decorations are adorable, that is true.  I think true cake beauty though is making it with buttercream!   I can remember at a sleepover and the older sister had made the birthday cake and it was amazing.  She opened her own bakery even, she was so good at it!

I was remembering that because at that same sleep over we had done the spooky listening to that Edgar Allen Poe Halloween tape of Tell-Tale Heart...  funny how associations form in your mind!  I think it is what makes a good writer/director is knowing associations like this exist and using that to help connect your story.  It is funny though, because I do come to YouTube and watch buttercream ruffle decoration to relax and unwind.  My favorite one can relax my neck muscles as I watch, just get such a calm sweet feeling like being hugged somehow.  The 2 colors I guess, arms intertwined or something sweet like that...  Or maybe it is the topper, the candy cane in a heart shape that makes me think it though I dont think that top is elegant enough for the cake  :p

I wonder when I will make a perfect buttercream ruffle cake.  I can picture it, this perfect cake.  Maybe I will do it in a movie, a sad, lonely lady walking in the slow aimless way you do when you have no where to go to right then.  Not quite slumped, she is not depressed, just feeling a bit lonely.  Since my newest movie I am writing is a werewolf horror one, could be that it is close to the next full moon...  But she is sad and walking and sees an open bakery so stops in for a coffee.  The decorator has a big order with 4 cakes to do the lady half watches as she sips her coffee.

Yeah, it is half interesting but not enough to pull her dark thoughts away, so she sips her coffee slowly.  When you have nowhere to go, you can take all the time in the world over a hot cup of coffee.  But then the lady gets to her last cake and begins doing it differently.  No rolling of fondant here, she has a piping bag full of frosting.  It is shades of blue and as she begins piping the lady notices her more.  Somehow the piping of the buttercream captures her interest and the coffee is held halfway to her mouth as she watches the lady sweep in slow waves up the side of the cake.

The lady decorating the cake has found a zen moment now, buttercream ruffles are tiring but look so good.  She feels like she is accomplishing something real, something kind even.  She feels it strongly and looks up and catches a customer, her only customer looking at her.

The lady sipping coffee is almost holding her breath, wanting this peaceful moment to last.  The lady decorating the cake somehow banished the sadness away.  She wants to offer the goddess a prayer for this decorator and at that moment the lady looks right at her as if she heard her.  Their eyes dazzle a moment before the spell is broken.  They both look away at the same time.  the customer, no longer sad and lonely leaves a large tip and exits as the scene fades to black...

hugs  ~Sea



Comments

Popular Posts