Hot Glue Gun Fun!

Hot Glue Gun fun!

I wish I had pics to show you since I am having so much fun with this!  But I am waiting to spray paint them until Spring when I can use my shed, snowed like a foot overnight.

Alien crown look, she also does one on the makeup too

She is very talented and got me interested in trying to create glue gun stuff.  I am still on basic masks since I bought a very cheap glue gun to play with to see if I liked it or not.  Turns out I do!  So now I am planning to buy a better one this Spring. She did a review of hot glue guns too!



I also plan to do some of the props with it, like in this video:

Wallpaper-ish idea!!

and this:


Except instead of that pretty tree, I would do something more creepy, like skeletons for my Nether Realm!  Learning I can do it on a budget but keep the big dreams!  Once I get the $$$  I am ready to go!

That is always what they say though, have contingency plans 1-5 at least!  Depending on budget!  So, right now I am at the empty pockets budget, but have a plan for several budgets!

your basic film making kit & crew a 3-level guide

But I think I can do the make up effects by myself if we end up super low budget!  I got inspired by a few of the Nyx Face Awards entries, especially one by Glam & Gore, her toxic mermaid one.  Here is her newest one where she uses hot glue instead of the gelatin, but now I have 2 options to play around with!


here is an example of our real culture:



But I plan to make it up based on my own sci-fi ideas and love of steam punk.  I believe that we traded with all the Peoples around the Pacific Ocean.  How could we travel so far?  Half talent and half magic, I am talking real life magic. I want to create the Pre-Contact tribe, full of magic and mystery!  I love steam punk and dark and creepy so will have a ball designing my realms! 

I am getting a lot better with the glue gun!  I think by the time we get the stuff to make the face casts that I will be really good at the hot glue gun!   I will post pics as soon as I get some!  I have one on my phone but it is not uploaded yet.  My first "ice" mask... came out pretty good!

Do you know of a make up or special effect artist that you think I should check out?  Let me know in the comments section!







Comments

Popular Posts