Ever Wish for More Talent??!!

Ever Wish for More Talent??!!

I was just reading the stories of the Soulless Doll again, hoping it showed evolution of idea from concept to story like I wanted it too.  I pictured variations I could/will do when I become more skilled.


 
http://giphy.com/gifs/disney-cinderella-fairy-godmother-SwJP7XWsutCZG




These are all "shorts" meaning under 25 minutes long, and preferably around 5-7  minutes think.   

Variation 1:  Redemption

If I brought back the Lady in the original story who had cursed him into life.  A sort of 'she needs to save him to save herself' idea.  She found herself in the Dark Place and was not happy, begged for a chance to redeem herself (as all do) and was actually granted one because the doll ended up with a descendant of a best friend of the demon...  Wow, convoluted sentence, yikes!  She gets another chance because I am the descendant of a friend of the demon at the gate...  much better  :p    

I mean, how would you even go about "saving" a doll?   Given that failure is eternal darkness and torture, I would try really hard to think of something!  :p  

This idea came about when I was daydreaming, a sort of Cinderella one, some guy wants to buy me the equipment for this short but catch is I have to use his girlfriends.  In walk 3 gorgeous woman but I only have 2 woman in the story...  mind desperately thinking then I remember in the original draft there was the lady who created his soul... :p

And that got me thinking of variations I could do when I am more talented!

Variation 2:  Machines

This one I picture so cool, where it is way into the future and there are places that are Indigenous and places where there are "mixed".  In a final attempt to live forever they (Westerners, hehe) put their minds into a huge storage machine.  Not all, but a lot and the rest tried to survive as best they could.  It became a sort of layered world for them.  If a skyscraper fell, it became the base for a new one, picture a sort of Jenga building game  :p   so they can not expand so have to build up.  It is half beautiful and half terrifying, this new type of city. 

But they found a way to upload a mind into a machine body.  course the first attempts were messed up with several people blended into one body or bits and pieces so it was "stupid" , you know how testing a new tech works.  But these first attempts get embarrassed when the tech is perfected and move to the bottom depths of the city since they do not need sunlight like the humans do.  They find this doll, my soulless doll...  I can see it ending just as they discover it and a close up of one holding it close to it's face, feeling it's soul and wondering what it is just as the doll is wondering the same...  

Variation 3:  Tropical

I guess this is a sort of "the god's Must Be Crazy" spoof or something that popped into my mind... I fly to a tropical island to visit a famous (in certain circles) shaman will help "fix" the doll.  Except a comedy of errors happen and it ends up being taken to the isolated village of his family by mistake.  hehe, can just imagine cute scenes as they realize it is half alive and play with it...  it causes trouble so the journey to bring it back to the shaman...  



I guess most people get these sort of thoughts as they try to distract themselves from a hard scene they are writing.  Or not a hard scene actually, just need more talent immediately :p   I am working on the human to werewolf  transformation scene and it has to be within my means and skill as of right now...  yikes!  I just tell myself there is no pressure because the sequel will have all the effects I cant do right now  :p  I can picture several super cool ways but need to force myself to keep it to what I can do today.  Since the effects will be small the story must be awesome! 

But in a weird way, I am loving it!  It forces me to make it 'story based' which is good because that is what is important!  I tell myself doing just the hand is not a cop out but better to show that well then ruin the mood by trying to do more!  I am trying to write the scene so you care more about the rest of what is happening then watching the transformation itself.  Makes it kind of hard trying to picture what would be more interesting then watching it transform!  There is the group of 5 against the werewolf so hopefully can create good drama that you would rather see what they are up to then the werewolf :p

Having fun though hard part for me! 

 Learn some software/programming since it is a skill that so many people want!  It can become your job to freelance it out, work as much or little as you want sort of thing!  get the talent!  I am having my daughters learn them!  It should be taught, especially now that they made it accessible!  

hugs 

~Sea





 

Comments

Popular Posts