S'happens Thoughts

S'happens Thoughts

I am really enjoying this experience, out of all the horror I think the werewolf film is my favorite!   I have a love/hate relationship with horror.  I really enjoy it but it also scares me to death!   

When writing this script, it is totally new and not part of my Bride of Sorrows (BOS) stuff that I have been thinking of for years.  So a bit out of my comfort zone but it has been so good for me!   In a way, it is like I don't care if this succeeds or not because the BOS are my "real" films.  It is kind of "no pressure" in that sense but also makes me feel like I really need to work it so it is a good film!  Like I don't want anyone to watch it and think I did not put my all into it! 

 I force myself to not just write what I can imagine but what I can actually film today.  I had a hard time with one scene until I figured out how I could film it, it was a truck going over a sort of cliff or ditch.  But I figured it out so am so happy, I think if you read my earlier blogs you can tell I was so happy I had figured out how to film that scene!  

A good transformation scene ~ now this is where I am at and what is making me take my time to figure it out.  I think it will have to be something I can manage like the hand, but want it to be special and make everyone go "ohhhhh!!"  I really hope I can figure out how to do the face!  I think it would be so awesome!  But I force myself to stay within what I can do today.  I can picture sequels already with this cooler stuff once I learn how!  :p


Horror / Imagination  ~  I have a great imagination and it helps when watching horror since I can scare myself by picturing it so real.  I think I wrote in an earlier blog about how there is what sounds like a werewolf howl once in awhile coming from the next street over.  I pictured a family of werewolves and invited the son to come visit and talk with me about it.  That was when my desk was in the corner by the front window.  I could see it coming past the window, it's huge shadow on the not quite sheer curtains.  I could feel it's powerful force.  I felt it so strongly I had to tell it I was busy and come back later before it could knock on the door :p  

I think it is letting yourself picture scenarios that help give a sense of tension and spooky vibes.  The title comes about from a scene in Predator when the voodoo guys looks and says "sh*t happens".  I don't know why I just love that scene.  But it has stayed with me.  It is also a sort of slang for "shapeshifting" so seemed to fit very well...

But it already has me picturing the tv spin-off that I plan to start as a webisodes.  I don't want to give too much away but the guy had kids and some inherited "the gift"...  The daughter is the star of the webisodes...  I can see another film with the same sort of story too, featuring better effects that I hope to know how to do by then  :p   Right now I picture the webisodes as giving us all practice in this, so have several already written out to do.  I think we may even do these first to give us all confidence before attempting the film!  :p

I am still playing with latex and scar wax. etc.  I hope to do a very very good job at it for the film!  It is really kind of fun.  I dont like 'makeup' and almost never wear it, but love it as special effects and costuming!   I want to get a good portfolio of model shots I think they are called, or is it publicity stills?  anyway, pretty shots so I can post them as part of my Art...

But I think if I can manage to make this one "wound" look more real then I will feel comfortable about this scene I am working on...  I want it to seem as if his scar hides the werewolf or something like that...   I wish I had the talent to do the special effects I can picture.  It is why I am definitely going to teach programing and software to our youth some day!  Not all will find it interesting but for those who love it, I want to be able to provide the resources I so wish I had right now!  

Anyway, I am really loving writing this script and planning it all out!  I hope you are pursuing your dream, whatever it may be!  I mentioned once before that I used to have my 'dream' as a secret refuge I could escape to but it is so much better working for it!!  Oh yeah:  follow, like, share and comment  :p
hugs,

~Sea 

 






Comments

Popular Posts