The Words...

The Words…

How is it the idea, shape and form can be in your mind so clearly, yet putting down the first paragraph seems so hard!  

I am writing a sort of back story for the S'happens horror film.  It is supposed to explain the events of the tv show spin off I have planned.  I have a good first sentence but then it seems too 'dry' somehow after that…  

I guess I can not decide the mood as I do not usually write a 'dark' story like this where my character is the villain, sort of.  Or she feels she is the villain though no one else does.  Lol, so she decides to write the story and tell "the truth" since no one else will.

But it is hard to get the words just right!  

Man, it is so important the story starts off right but knowing this does not make the words come easier!  I have shown my process for ideas, just getting them down and not caring about punctuation etc.  So it seems like I should just be able to blah blah until I find the "feel" but I can't seem to let myself…

I think because it sets the tone for a lot of what follows.  A lot of these movies, novels, ames, etc. are tied together, telling the story of a life through her different lifetimes, her 1000 death curse.  I feel the pressure to get it "Perfect". Notice the capital there, not just perfect but Perfect!  yikes, I know I can do it, just need the words!

I love words and usually they begin to flow easily once I begin typing.  I usually have thought of the idea in my mind for awhile before I begin trying to type it too.  Some of them I have thought of for years!  This one is new though, the whole "S'happens" storyline is new to me.  But I like it and think I can blend it in seamlessly so it will seem a natural part of the rest.  

Too much caffeine 
my blood is pumping
pumping
pumping
though so fast that the words 
whisk away before they can fully form

making me think of whiskers
somehow
illogical 
and moody
darn caffeine
ruffled me up but good
but just one more sip…
to get into the writing mood…

vicious circle of love
oh coffee, so cruel a love as yours
should be illegal
and why so many never dare drink you
but me, I am the one
to grind you up and boil 
just a touch of cinnamon 
then a sip so divine
then a gulp and a hearty pirate swig

the words whisk away
half seen 
half thought 
half read
then poof they go
my precious words
waiting for me to daydream
and see them in the clouds…



whiskers to catch the words whisking away…  :p


Lol, wow where did that come from?  too funny…  sometimes my mind just needs to get words out, like too many are stuffed inside…  :p  So forgive me if it seems horribly nonsensical, it IS 4am here almost…  

Well, enough rambling and maybe I should get to bed…

hugs and loves and follow your dreams, no matter how late it keeps you up at night!

~Sea


Comments

Popular Posts