Craft room almost ready!

Craft room almost ready!

I am so excited!  It is nearly ready!



I posted a sneak on Instagram and it is nearly there!  the table still needs sorting but now that the horrible beige wall is gone, I feel my creative juices flowing!   Skully can not decide where she wants to watch over me, she felt too alone outside my door so trying her leaning against the shelf...



here we have my Arri lights and 5in1 reflector set, plus broom  :p   I should have opened the window so you could see the liner we put on it so no one can see in…  




These 2 black file cabinets hold assorted materials and stuff.  I traded my big wooden thingy for the other one since I wanted some more color on that wall but didn't want to paint it.   I draped the fabrics on top for added color, they used to be above my computer on that shelf hidden by Hello Kitty below…  




Hello Kitty adds another splash of color in the room for me and hides the boxes and stuff on the shelf so the room looks nicer.  Or at least it will once I finish sorting the stuff on the table.  As you can see, I have a bit to go yet.  The shelf planks are the darker brown ones leaning right next to the shelf and the shorter ones will become 2 backdrops for photography.  The craft table will hold the sewing machine and whichever craft I am currently working on.  

Once I get the shelves up and can display the works in progress and completed ones, I will be so happy.  We plan a photoshoot of the glitter helmet, I am not sure if you can see it in the back against the wall on top.  In front there on top is one that will become a werewolf mask and right underneath it is one that will become an Unangan take on the Samurai helmets…  The crutch by the window is holding the crepe hair that is drying.  We soaked them in water mixed with olive oil overnight then let them air dry.  The crutch we plan to "goth up" that I heard on It's Black Friday's Youtube channel but I forget which video right now.  I love steampunk and goth, in case you have not noticed.  

I have the intro ideas for the videos for the Youtube playlists ready in my mind so once I get that started it should be coming up soon!  I am almost there!!  

My current plans are:


  • Decide on color for the remaining walls, leaning towards a matte white to help bounce the lights instead of this beige but also like the idea of maybe a pale pink or blue to match the one wall…  But that can wait since I have the one wall I needed some color on done and my curtains can act as backdrop stand too!   

  • Hang the shelves and sew a custom hanger for all the hot glue masks I made  :p

  • film the intro to my Youtube channel explaining the various playlists I plan to create…

  • film the intros for each individual playlist…  the craft room renovation is one of them…  I dont plan on creating extra channels, at least not until i get a lot of material posted and see if any dont fit…   but I think it is part being indigenous that I like it all rolled together as a whole… all the different parts of my life and times  :p

  • make a complete armor set to show 

  • make a complete costume to show 

  • do a crowdfunding/patreon push once I get some youtube content up to help get equipment and a real studio!  :p  

  • practice all of them and begin finding others locally who want to be a part of my "crew"…  heheh..


I had this planned ages ago but am getting it together slowly but surely…  Once I begin there won't be a slowing down :p  at least that is the plan…  

I hope everyone is good…  Please remember those at Standing Rock #nodapl !!  They need our continued prayers and good thoughts!  

hugs,

~Sea


Comments

Popular Posts