Saturday was a good day!

Saturday was a good day!

I hope everyone had as good a Saturday as I did!  Something happened that should have happened ages ago!  But it is done and I am so thrilled.  It is like being recharged, renewed, reenergized, reinvented and reincarnated almost  :p  And after all of that, it is a private matter so won't mention more about it…  

So much bad happens that I think we should take time to mention the positive things that happen, however vaguely!  :p

Ohhhh, did I mention already I am getting a new lens for my Sony A7S ii??  I am so excited!  

Here is some test footage when we were trying to stage the Soulless doll prank using my Sony A7S ii with my Sony Vario Tessar 1.4 Zeiss lens:



Here we were testing the lights and set up.  As you can see, I was testing out how some makeup looked on camera, I dont usually wear it so worried it would look bad  :p     Our lens did not like us moving much so we were trying to figure out how to film it so we could not move but do the scenes.  My DP is learning as we go and figured out the tripod thingy I was trying to show her  :p   Man, I never noticed how much I lick my lips though, yikes!  So never notice it but the girls say it must be I was nervous since I dont usually do it they say…  I sure hope that is true!

This doesn't show the stutter sort of problem we were having though.  When I went to answer the door it became super choppy!  I am so sad I never got it finished by Halloween as I wanted!  But this gives us a whole year to work on it now…  

I am excited since my new lens should come by Friday next week!  I ordered it last Friday but with the mail being closed it probably won't ship until Monday.  and with two they sent mail to Alaska it will travel to several states first so everyone can make money off of us as usual…  sorry to sound bitter but it is so annoying that they treat Anchorage, Alaska as beside the moon in terms of shipping charges!  Besides 2 military bases that I am sure get stuff mailed regularly and a major international airport, we are the main city and a crossroads to Asia!  But they act as if they need to carry the mail by foot through snowstorms or something…  bugs me to no end!  

But, the lens!  It is the Rokinon Cine DS 35mm T1.5 in Sony E mount…  It seems a good pick for a first cine lens!  i am so excited!

I plan to do a intro to my Youtube then a few of the playlists I plan to create and I have 3 shorts I plan to film as soon as I get it!  

The first is a super short one, maybe under 3 minutes total.  I need to find a new video editing program since I quit using Adobe ones.  Got so tired of their greedy money grab!  so disgusting to indigenous people, this lust for green paper!  it is ridiculous!  

The second is a sort of tech talk one…  The main problems I ran into using my new Sony A7S ii and how I fixed it!  That will most likely be under 10 minutes but I am guessing over 5.  so hard to say how it will come out!  

My third is also under 5 minutes I am guessing.  Just some quick shorts that I wanted to do first to create the mood so to speak…  the whole idea is to help launch the Bride of Sorrows (BOS) theme and create some interest for it.  Naturally I think it is awesome and unique so hope everyone else does too!  

Oh man, finally going to  happen!  been waiting an eternity for this!  Feels that way anyway! 

Dreams come true when you begin to work for them!  

Remember the Indigenous in your thoughts and/or prayers.  Hugs to all who need them and remember we are with you in spirit, when you feel low, let us renew your spirits!  

hugs,

~Sea

Comments

Popular Posts