Cutest Dream Ever!

Oh man, I had the most adorable dream in a long time!  I have been feeling so positive and hopeful lately, like life might actually get better!  I am cheerful is one way of describing it.

I am interested in opening a fiber art studio (kickstarter thingy) and have been watching videos and found myself at a felt rug making one.  It was impressive.  a sweet older man plying his craft and you can feel the love!   



At about 10:04 he begins to walk on the rolled up rug to help felt and full it and it is adorable!   It made me want to clap a rhythm to his walking on it!  It is true that you are never too old to do what you love and follow your dreams!

But that night I had the most amazing dream.  I was the sorceress of my tribe, newly appointed and I was creating a prayer rug sort of thing.  Instead of walking on it like he did though, I did Goddess Yoga.  Not even sure if that is a real thing or if I just made it up in my dream…  but I was doing a sort of handstand with just my fingertips walking along the rug as we went across the room and back and forth.  I did an incredible backward stretch where my knees did the walking as I was folded back stretched to the max.  I did some twirls like an acrobat even.  It was deeply spiritual too, not just fun stretching.  The Goddess and I were doing it together, she teaching me and me eager to learn and serve.  But that is how I became the sorceress.

I am happy though, I can see several costumes using the felting methods!!  I think my 4 pounds of fiber that are coming soon will be gone in a few days!  I know I want to try it all!  I will definitely card it all first.  It is 2 pounds of tunis/shetland blend and 2 pounds of wool~though not sure which kind that comes with the handcarders.  

I was hoping my felt bookmarks that I added will catch on and I can meet the kickstarter goal.  But if not I will do one for just fiber, like $300 or something like that to begin creating it all.

I think the bookmarks will come out beautiful as I have the perfect fabric to use for it!  I will make a few to show what they will look like when it gets here.  It is still processing so hopefully it will come by Friday!  I am too impatient and want it yesterday  :p 

The best news is I will have samples to show for my next attempt at it.  I will ask for less this time, enough for a good sampling of fibers to unleash my creativity!  So the next kickstarter will be even better!  

But in my good mood I applied for some grants to try to create a fiber farm to go along with the fiber studio!  I also applied for a documentary grant so please spread the word around how you would love to see a documentary about Attu Island done my an actual member!  :p  lol, I am not sure if they will look more then a few seconds at them but at least I applied!  The second one, the film one, is a sort of "play" of a woman from Attu trying to stop her tribe's erasure!  I am also applying for an individual award grant from the Rasmusson Foundation!  

But grant searching is so often a roller coaster, too many good causes and not enough $$ to go around.  I wont get my hopes up to high.  I feel hopeful though and that is a good feeling!

I hope you are going for your dreams!

hugs,

~Sea

Comments

Popular Posts