Film Editing ~ First Short

Film Editing ~ First Short

I am so excited, it may not seem like much but I got my fist clip of my first short film done!! My first clip was about a 3 second one but I love how it came out!  We were worried but I think it will be ok…

I so wish I was better at editing but I am watching tutorials and practicing so hopefully I can redo it again once I get better at it!  I will do some more tonight but I just wanted a break from it.  I dont want to rush and mess it up in my excitement!  


I dont want to talk about it too much since I dont want to ruin it for anyone…  But I am using Premiere Pro CC and so want to learn After Effects!  But I managed to do everything I wanted  and created the 3 second or so clip!  This one is pretty easy since I will just need to apply this same thing to about 5 other clips since they are in the same vein as this one.  The other half of it will be easy too I think.  We managed to get it in a few takes so it wont be a lot of hunting and cutting to find good bits!  

It was a short one and we did a sort of BTS but will do a short talk too… and a few bloopers we might add in  :p  

It was a lot of fun and I am glad I am trying!  It sometimes makes me feel like I am just a dreamer that I plan to make this feature film horror movie this summer!  But I planned it carefully, keeping the idea of "low budget/no budget" in mind so it should be 100% doable!  

I think the 1 problem I will have now is my studio is in my home…  I dont want people I dont know coming here so cant figure out how to get the scenes done…  I am hoping I can find a place we can do it at, I think the UAA has a thing where you can apply to use a room they are not using.  That might be an option until I can afford to rent/buy a place.  

I so want to get some other stuff filmed, I have a lot of plans but I dont want anyone coming here though…  Lol, maybe just an "I love my privacy" thing but it is a choice so I will have to figure out how to arrange this!  

I think once I get my short up on my channel I will create the "auditions" playlist for upcoming auditions I plan to have.  I think there are quite a few in and around town who are into films too.  I think I can find the right actors easy. What I really would love is my studio space to gather ones I like so we can practice acting as I am sure most of us are new at this.  

Most of my roles are written for #indigenous so I am hoping to find a lot who want to get involved in it.  Once i have a space it will be easier!  But baby steps!  I think we can use someone's garage even but no one I know has one, which is kind of strange since I live in Alaska.  But the city has some weird rules to keep the property they own higher priced so they dont allow garages to be built in a lot of areas.  Super stupid but that is "America"…

Lol, I wont post the clip since I dont want to spoil the fun of the clip but once it is done I can do a post with it and what I was thinking and all of that blah blah blah I love to do  :p

I cant remember if I already showed the pic of her nails.   I love how they turn out!  I wanted to make them look "not human" and I think they came out perfect!



Anyway, I had a good day and plan to try to work on a few more clips tonight!


Go for your Dreams, it is amazing and fun!  Lots of hard work, but all of life is that way and why not spend it doing something rewarding to your soul!

hugs,

`Sea

Comments

Popular Posts