Ohh, might get lucky… fiber-wise...

Ohh, might get lucky…  fiber-wise...

A lady on Craigslist has some fiber and will be in town today.   I think I will go for it!   Lol, I am excited if even one of the fleeces is good then it is a bargain.  Plus the rest will be great practice for me to card!  I know you are supposed to be weary of Craigslist ads and one I never heard back from one lady with icelandic fleeces when I mentioned I would feature it on my Youtube channel…  but this one hopefully is what it says!  she moved up here and finds she does not have time to devote to spinning so would rather sell it then try to store it…  sounds like a true sort of story to me so keep your fingers crossed for me!


I hope it is good fleece, or at least one is good quality!  the pics are pretty cool looking color wise.  but hard to tell from pics what it is like…  I will post about it either way, deal or sighs…  :p  



Lol, i havent seen a fleece up close before so really dont know how they look in this pic on her ad.  looks like 4 maybe?  One looks like a blond wig almost  :p  



I plan to mention at the spinners and weavers guild meeting how I would be happy to process their wool for a percentage  :p  I need practice and I am sure there are some who really hate that part of it.  


But this way I can make bookmarks and maybe some little iPhone cases / card cases for the next Kickstarter attempt.  I am working up a business plan to apply for a loan to start it.  I really hope my next kickstarter will attract more then $1 :p  I will show it if it is successful that I have people wanting to see my handmade crafts!  


Lol, felt like rock star when I saw I had my first crowdfund $1 support!  I was happy my first one (Mayor of Attu on Indiegogo) got $5 until I learned it was my own daughter  :p    ah well, hard work makes you strong and resilient and makes you appreciate it even more.  Knowing it was done by your sweat and your heart and your desire, will be sweet!  


But this will give me a chance to break in the hand carders!  They are on the way!  What is cool is I can try felting the short cuts she said she had a bag of.  I dont mind the short cut pieces, am glad they are in a separate bag too!  I plan to try wet felting so they will come in handy for that at least.  I can see VM on some of the pics of the raw fleeces so will need to get them washed up tonight!  

Lol, I watched like 5 dozen videos but that is not the same as doing it yourself!  I think it will go good!  I am sure at least one of the fleeces will be good quality and usable!  the rest we will call practice :p 

but happy!  You need to trust people sometimes, even if you have a bit of doubt…  I will hope for the best!

hugs and love,

~Sea


Comments

Popular Posts