Woot, ordered hand carders and joined the local guild!

Woot, ordered hand carders and joined the local guild!

I am excited!  I ordered some hand carders and wool from The Woolery and also joined the Anchorage Spinners and Weavers Guild!  

I ordered the Hand Carding Kit that comes with 1 set of oil finished 8" wool carders 72 TPI, 2lbs of raw fleece, and the BOOK "Ashford Book of Carding".

I also ordered some I saw on clearance, 2 pound Batt of Tunis / Shetland wool!  


While my fiber Art Studio Kickstarter Campaign is going nowhere, I am getting there bit by bit!

We can rent equipment from the local guild, so I will be able to rent one by the end of the month I think!  :p  So I can practice and by the time I can afford my own I will be able to spin good yarn!

I really hope the kickstarter takes off but all I get is the "marketing" people and I am not interested in that…  so think it will fail but at least I got some good practice for it.  All that means is that the Attu Series will cost a lot more  :p  Plus I dont mind keeping them to myself if it comes to that!  

One thing I can do it break it down into smaller pieces even!  I can try one for $800 for the spinning wheel alone and hopefully find one locally that is used and cheap!  hehe…  but who knows, maybe everyone is waiting until the last moment  :p 8 more days of nerves and hopes and sighs!  :p  

I love being a dreamer and picturing things coming easy but am used to working hard for it, so it is win win for me.  I think as long as you are realistic and practical it is really good to dream!  I think it is partly why I write!

I hope you are going for your dreams!  It will take time and hard work but so so so worth it!  

hugs and love,

~Sea

Comments

Popular Posts