Post Apocalyptic Outfit

Post Apocalyptic Outfit

I am having fun creating an outfit that I think will end up looking great!  It was one of those turn your "mistake" into a gem kind of inspirations!  I was practicing the wrist warmers as I plan to offer them as a reward in my next Kickstarter campaign…

So, I had some purple and some black rovings and divided it in half for each side.  I used the same resist a few times before so felt comfortable with it and began laying out the wool.  Lol, but I forgot I cut it in half and should have done the pattern along it instead of down it!  Realized one would be mostly purple and one would be mostly black  :p

Oh man, but they looked good and it came to me, this whole outfit I would make from it:  post apocalyptic outfit!!  Where you have to wear what you find in the future and maybe she found these unmatched pairs left in some home or maybe that was all she had to make her own… 

But I will create a big top to go with it that has built in holes and a scarf with some holes too…

What is driving me crazy is the hat!  I want maybe a cyber punk dreads coming down from a beret look but then think maybe steampunk instead with the aviator hat and goggles…  leg warmers to match too…   then just some dark leggings and maybe nuno felt a top to go under the big wool one with holes  :p  I am sure layers would be worn so it would look good…  

I am getting 16 pounds of fleece from a lady in Australia!!  I cant wait!  I am going to try to extract the lanolin from it!  You think 16 pounds of fleece would make maybe a pound of lanolin at least…  I just ordered it so who knows how long to get here…

I plan to video it, the stack of them just 4 fleeces but 16 pounds of them, washing 1 of them and trying to get the lanolin, then maybe carding it and diz into a roving…  though I usually just pull it off the carder and use it like that instead of rolling it into a rolag or diz it to roving…  

I am so behind on posting videos, I know!  My mac is incompatible with photoshop and those still!  My gaming one is out there and in use a lot so I end up moving on to something else…

Oh man, but expecting a nice order of stuff!  I figured it would count as the film budget since it will become costuming.  Except not for the werewolf one…  

I so hope I get $$ sometime soon!  things would go so much faster and smoother that way!  I want to do so much but right now I work from home and do not want to have people over so dont do filming much and so want to!  Drives me crazy some days!  But once I get the short films up then interest will grow and then maybe get some funding for the werewolf one!  

but this outfit, should be nice!  I will post pics sometime, I am not sure when I will feel like showing it…  but I did take pics of some other stuff for the kickstarter.  I am not sure when I will try again…  I want to right away but guess I need to grow a bigger following…  except so busy doing stuff that wont be posted online that it seems I am not doing anything  :p  

I am just super excited, 16 pounds of merino fleece to play with!  I love hand carding it, washing it myself is great too, control the quality best as I can that way and such good practice too!  

Just a quick update, I am very busy behind the scenes, not forgotten my writing or short films or any of it!!  

hugs,

~Sea

Comments

Popular Posts