A quick Update

A quick Update

I know i have not been active on here but things are happening behind the scenes and I am doing good!  I just finished a shawl for my sister's birthday and think it came out so pretty!  We are planning a photo shoot soon but ran out and took a few so I could post here.

I love how it came out.  I also have a pink one that I have not photographed yet, trying to get them all ready for a photoshoot soon!  This one came out so lovely,  While the pink one came out adorably fuzzy this one I did a tiny bit different to see what would happen.  

I did a few layers like normal but then added 2 whole texture layers and love how it came out.  The texture layers had already been dyed in shades of purple and dark blue to black and then once it was all completed it was all dyed black once more.  Like I had hoped it would, the dye did not absorb to the same dark black and the other colors showed through! 






Here is the textured side, I love how thick and elegant it looks here!


Eternal_Valentina is the model, thanks so much for agreeing to throw it on so spur of the moment for me!!  You are beautiful as ever!



 Here is the smooth side, in places it almost looks striped!





 A better view of the textures:




I loved the contrast of the dark dirty shed to the pretty girl and loved the spray painted heart on the door too  :p



My favorite of this set (well a few did not come out as my camera tried focusing on the trellis she was standing in front of instead of her...) like she is about to enter an enchanted area or start a great quest!


 The side of the shed provided a pretty sort of gradient of grey for a backdrop!


Front  yard and I loved the deep greens contrasting with the darks of the shawl!





I will be launching a kickstarter soon where you can order one 1/2 off the normal price of $200!  It takes about a day of work to lay out all the fiber in thin criss crossing layers then another day to felt and full the item!  Handmade with love and prayers!  But I will be posting more on this later.  But do save up if you want an exclusive and one of a kind handmade with love shawl / scarf / vest / wrist warmers / etc.  by Searean 

hehe, hope everyone is doing good and remembering to keep the indigenous in your prayers! 

~Sea

Comments

Popular Posts