Fiber Arts!!

Fiber Arts

I am so excited!  My fiber artist studio idea is coming along!  I am at a point where I have most of the materials and tools I need to create art!  I am very excited and hopefully will get either a video made or photos posted soon!

I only lack a few tools now, a spinning wheel being the major one!  I just got a bunch of merino and texture fibers ordered so can hopefully get some made in time for christmas!  I do plan to put them into my etsy shop soon.

I am a bit sad my sister's shawl was lost before she got to enjoy it very much!  I do have a few pics of it taken with my iphone but had planned to get a photo shoot done with my Sony A7S ii!!  It was one I was very proud of and had planned to use for the custom option!  I do have the pink one I made for my daughter to use still though. 

I have a blending board and am creating some felt squares for a scarf with it.  I am excited to see how it comes out!  I really love how easy it is to create it since laying out the fibers takes so much time!  Especially when you are doing very fine and thin layers!  I am making an experimental one and have 2 squares completed so far.  I think it will come out nice!

What is fun is I might offer to create these felt squares as part of a scarf kit instead of the usual silk scarf and rovings!  An alternative method! 

I will offer them as part of my next crowdfund to get my spinning wheel! 

So exciting though!  I really hope people give it a try.  It is so fun to create it and see the beautiful results!

hugs,

~Sea

Comments

Popular Posts