Genocide vs. Oppression

Genocide vs. Oppression

I was having a chat with someone who kept using "oppression" instead of "genocide" when speaking of #indigenous and explained these terms mean different things and are not interchangeable.  I asked him to please explain how we participated in our own genocide!  You can not compare what black people are going through here in Amerikkka with #indigenous.  I believe he blocked me!

It is black history month but do you think they will mention their part in the #indigenous genocide? (google buffalo soldiers to see what I mean)

Now there are even black people claiming we are "fake" and they are the real #indigenous...

These are #indigenous lands only!  It started when I responded to a post that said we indigenous need to stop "co opting" and using the hashtag "indigenous lives matter" because it is a blm one and using it is rude...

Now you can imagine how I felt about that...  I have even written an email to the blm movement explaining how they need to honor and respect the indigenous otherwise they will never get any sort of justice and was ignored.  But a lady on that post tried to imply that indigenous want "black labor" as if we brought them here in chains!!!  ugh!!!  I truly believe we are all One People and in #Unity but it must be based on truth and reality!!!!!!!

I explained that they chose to harm, steal and kill indigenous and allied themselves with the european invaders.  And they always try to start their history after this occurred and pretend they are victims here instead of conspirators...  Now I know it is not "all" but just as we call out #whitesilence we need to begin calling out #blacksilence too!!

I explained the #Indigenous owe African slaves and their descendants nothing but friendship and respect!  The guy who blocked me pointed out that #blm were at Standing Rock and I explained that it was half staged bs and should NEVER have happened in the first place.  It occurs because other minorities do not honor and respect #indigenous and that needs to change! (we already know the european war criminals do not!!)   When speaking of these lands it should be any one of the thousands and thousands of #indigenous tribes mentioned first and not any other race!!!   And those that put themselves first need to serious think what that says about them as a People!! 



pic from a twitter post found on google images:

https://twitter.com/relombardo3

Anyway, please remember there is a difference between the words "genocide" and "oppression" and are not interchangeable and it was indigenous genocide!!!

Anyway,  Planning a photo shoot for a spring line of felting!!!  been busy and doing good and hope you are too!!

~Sea





Comments

Popular Posts