Marvel Movies and other weird conversations...

Marvel Movies and other weird conversations...

I was reading on social media where an indigenous lady was apologizing for not saying the characters in the movie "the Black Panther" were black in a blog post inspired by the movie, or that it was a "black story"...

That seems to me very weird in the first place because I do not expect reporters, mild mannered or otherwise, to comment that I am forgetting to mention them if I think about flying like Superman and write a blog about it...  We ARE talking about a comic turned movie and not a history of a People... 

In the second place because it is time for trying to silence the indigenous to stop. 



Seriously, just stop! 


On our lands we are allowed to dream of life uninterupted.  No one has the right to say we must think of other races instead of our own!  Yet this actually is happening!

But in this post the lady said she had watched the movie and it filled her with awe, that idea of never being colonized, how modern tech mixed naturally with traditional methods because we are always told "our culture is holding us back" and how the sciences were advanced even beyond what we have today (I think, I have not seen the movie myself yet).  She mentions having read a tweet saying the guy never uses "in what is now Canada" but instead uses the phrase "what is currently Canada" to instill the idea this will change someday once the #indigenous take back control of their lands.

It got her dreaming and she wrote a blog post about it.  And some people convinced her this was somehow a rude and terrible thing to do...  she actually apologized for not saying that the movie had a black cast and was set in Africa...  This is ridiculous!!!   This is not like the tv show Roots that actually was a "black story" this is a comic turned movie like Avengers or Superman type of thing...  An escapist movie set in a fantastical world...to make you feel good and that there are heroes in the world. 

So I commented that we #indigenous need never apologize for knowing these are solely indigenous lands!!   We need not include any other races when thinking of our history...

And this is where the trouble begins...  many races invaded these lands and never honored the indigenous peoples. 

In fact, to live on these lands all you had to do was pretend the indigenous were invisible and you could steal their stuff all you wanted...  This "authority" was given by the psychotic european invaders. 

Now if you honor the war criminals who stole our land instead of us, it means you side with the genocidal criminals.  Which makes you also a war criminal! 

This is fact and not opinion. 

I often say on social media that "Amerikkka" was built because they never honored the #indigneous...

Some try to use the excuse of those few "desperate to survive as a tribe ones" who did own slaves at one point to show the genocidal and psychotic european invaders that they could adapt...  But keep it in the proper context of "genocide"...   it is a huge deal and you can not ignore it!

yet many try to pretend it was not the genocide of 100 million peoples in an attempt to wipe us out but rather just a mild case of oppression that we were somehow too lazy and stupid to avoid...  huh??!!

That is 100% western fantasy!

Pop that bubble and face reality for once!

I am not kidding, this one lady actually said she does not care who imported them here and blamed the indigenous for enslaving them...  I had told her earlier that failure to accept truth when hearing it means you have an "agenda" and I would love to hear what hers was...  but she ignored truth and clung to her delusions that we traveled to Africa, grabbed some and forced them here to be slaves, 100% not true!  I can say with certainty that those 5 tribes had zero plans to travel to Africa but the europeans beat them to it...  it was not "inevitable"...  but that is what she wanted to believe instead of the truth because this allowed her to "hate and dismiss" the indigenous and not feel guilty for being on stolen lands...


I tried to say how sorry I was that this happened to her people at all and it never should have but she threw it back in my face...her loss... 


Another lady tried to put her colonial words into my mouth by starting off "I think what she was trying to say was..." and using her words that were the opposite of what I was saying!  I told her I do not mean to be rude but I do not need anyone to speak for me, especially when they use their words instead of my own!

Man, indigenous sure have it hard when everyone who wants to stay on these lands has to try to keep you down and silenced!   Or try to write how we will get back our lands but including others as rightful owners too...  ummmm, no! 

I will not be silenced!!!  Only fools refuse to listen and learn "truth"...  If you want to stay on these lands all you need do is find your local indigenous tribes (as wide travel was popular so an area probably has several tribes that call it home) and become their allies in a real way.  Not telling them they need to "share" or that they were evil for not thinking of black people instead of themselves!

lol, I know it is hard to understand that I am a strong supporter of #blm, I support all races and diversity but never them over indigenous on #indigenous lands!!   These are only indigenous lands!!!

But in the history of the comic genre it does create rabid fans so I am perfectly willing to pretend you did not mean anti-indigenous things and it was just a heat of the moment thing... 

~Sea

#Attu #indigenous #fightingerasure






Comments

Popular Posts