One step closer to my fiber art studio!

One step closer to my fiber art studio!

I am very excited, I placed my orders for my new spinning wheel and for my art batt drum carder!  It will most likely be a few weeks before I get them but I am so excited about it!

I have been wanting to spin for ages and finally ordered a spinning wheel.  I had a hard time choosing because I could not decide between the Cassandra spinning wheel at $300 or the Lady bug at $600.  What finally made me choose the ladybug was more how quickly I would get it then anything else.  The Cassandra is hand made and I love that idea so much since it is what I do too.  It is why I wanted one so bad.  But the wait would be almost 3 months instead of a few weeks.  So that is what made me decide to order the Lady bug by Schacht.

That is the little cutie I am getting!  Woot!  There is a lady bug on each one that is part of the fun of getting one too.  My daughter is looking forward to finding it!  You can see the one is right there behind the wheel, that little red dot is the sticker. 

So many plans with this wheel.  First is to spin all the Navajo Churo I have in my stash.  I was lucky enough to find someone selling their stash so now have about 5 pounds of it to spin!!  I have been using it in felting, people seem to love it as felted soap!  I was thinking I might put some in my etsy shop...

I ordered a braid of wool to spin and think I will make it my first episode of my new "Spin Weekly with zee Lady" on my Youtube channel!  Isnt this so pretty.  one of my daughters loves blue so this is perfect!  The Etsy shop is called A Star is Shorn.





I have been dying to make art batts but my little Louet Jr. roving drum carder is small size to create a roving instead of a batt.  It was such a hard choice!  I could not decide between the Stauch Mad Batt'r, the Fancy Kitty carder or the Brother drum carder.  All 3 are great machines and I have heard good things about all 3.  It seemed that each person who had one loved it and also recommended it too.  I finally decided on the Fancy Kitty Little Tom XL!! I think my fiber stash will disappear into these art batts!!  :p   What I really love about it is that you can turn the handle without it being at the edge of the table like my little Louet Jr.  That will be nice, sit on the rug with the fiber baskets around me and creating a batt...  I know several I want to create already!!    







So excited and plan to get some ideas for episodes ready!  I know I have not been on my Youtube much lately but that will change soon!  I also love the names, weird as that sounds.  "Lady Bug" is so cute and shortened to just Lady they will wonder if I am meaning me or my spinning wheel  :p    And how can you beat a name like "Fancy kitty"!! 

So an almost complete fiber studio now!!!  so excited!  Next will be a weaving loom!  Not sure which one yet... love the idea of the Saori loom, perfection in imperfection ~meaning enjoy it and it does not need to look as if it was spun on a computerized one!  But sort of want either the Julia by Glimakra at The Woolery: 



I would get it as the 8x8 counter march loom.  It seems to be able to do what I want in a loom.  The other choice is a bit more compact:  Laila by Toika:





Or this one because i just love the way it looks:  Dorothy table loom by Leclerc







So for everyone who dreams of getting back into the fiber arts but hate how expensive it is, dont give up!!  It has taken me a few years but now I just need a loom to complete my dream studio!!   I am excited and want to encourage everyone to go for your dreams, no matter how impossible it can seem at times!  Work hard and you will get there!

take care

~Sea


#spinning #drumcarder #Fancykitty #LadyBug #handmadewithlove




Comments

Popular Posts