Making my first shelf!

I am excited, we are making our first shelf this weekend!  We got the lumber from home depot about 2 weeks ago and have been planning and waiting for a good weekend to begin.

Following the measure twice, cut once rule I measured the area when the lumber first came and again just now.  Our measurements were barely off and I think that was just because the first one I just looked and this time I pressed the tape measure against the wall to see where it hit.

So tomorrow we plan to saw the wood and depending on how long it takes me to haul the lumber outside to cut and back inside, I might do the cutting tomorrow and assembly Sunday.

If you are planning to build some stuff and are looking for plans I highly recommend Anna White! 







After the pantry we plan a long garage sort next then a greenhouse! 

We may not get to the greenhouse until next Spring but we will see how ambitious I feel!  I think all will go well with the pantry.  That is my first step then the garage style shelving for a long indoor wall and a shorter one in another room with a blank wall.  If those go well I may decide to try something more complex to see how it goes then the greenhouse and maybe even build my own garage!

The Artiste Herself
The Artiste Herself





#DIY
#HandMadeWithLove
#WoodWorking
#AttuTribe
#Indigenous
#Unangan
#CraftsWoman



Comments

Popular Posts