Creative Writing Project ~9 Thinking of the Script

Creative Writing Project ~9  Thinking of the Script

I suppose it is cheating since I knew I planned to turn it into a short film so kind of pictured it along the way.  But I did try to write a good short story that can stand on it's own.  

My editor is working on fixing it up but I don't think it will change much, I hope I caught most of the errors myself, but know I probably missed a few.  I think I tend to see it as images instead of words so don't notice as much as if I were just reading it.  It is interesting working with an editor as they sometimes cant see a phrase is "artistic" and can not be changed without ruining the story  :p 

I am pleased since I managed to picture a transition that was bugging me since i started this!  I plan a short film (under 20 minutes I hope) and had a real hard time picturing how I go from one scene to another...  I could picture both very well but not how to go from one to another...  It might be a bit cliche but I thought the younger brother kicking him into the wall would become him flying through the air and landing on the shelf of the shop lady!  Maybe a bit goofy but I think sometimes it is ok to let your mind go to the goofy as long as you don't stop thinking of other ways to accomplish it!   

So,  I can relax on that and let the ideas flow freely again without worrying that one shot!!  I am sure I will think up a better one or refine this so it looses the goofy feel and becomes tense somehow...  

If I were better at this I would try for a very cool scene where we see his face going from doll to almost human as he experiences the pain of being kicked!  I cant quite picture how I would film that though...  One reason I hope more experienced filmmakers or even newbies like me will try this so I can get ideas and learn!  I am no where near good enough with the special effects to attempt this scene yet!  I hope we find someone very good at it and willing to become part of the crew knowing we are small and indie (meaning broke, hehe)...  But it would be a cool scene, the porcelain of his face becoming almost clown makeup-ish as he seems almost human as he twists and flies through the air.  I can almost see the clown makeup cracking as his back hits the wall to show he is shattered on the inside  :p  Hmmm, maybe wrong emoticon as he would be in intense pain and maybe even splat blood a bit from his mouth like drool...  

But I was happy I came up with some idea I could do for that first part...  still need to work in other bits... 

I picture it kind of as:

  • looking out second story window 

  • close up of the brothers laughing and teasing each other to try another shot at the birds around

  • back to looking out the window as boys enter room

  • talk of murder and "what ifs"

  • the surprise as it goes from seeing the brothers outside to seeing from the older boys perspective a moment

  • maybe close ups of the older brother in different clothes to show different days of him shooting the bb gun

  • that moment he turns to look at his brother and has the doll's face!

  • the view of high up and back of shelf...

  • doll looking down at body, doll realizing it is a fat doll, staring down at younger brothers bed the falling to pillow

  • the scene talking to younger brother about becoming joined together...  love this scene!

  • then the transition as it flies through air and lands on her shelf

  • I picture her as sort of looking/acting like the reporter in Harry Potter, that sort of woman... 

  • great scene of them inside dolls body together with her getting strangled

  • doll put into box into generic shopping bag and given to me and put on shelf

  • ending a surprise  :p


I am hoping to keep it as short as possible, want it tense and thrilling, like a trailer almost but meant to be a real short film too  :p   I probably wont be writing it for awhile as I really want to get S'happens into shape, working on an important scene and using this to distract me from worrying it to death...  

I hope you are enjoying this quick glimpse into my creative writing process!  Hopefully in a few years it will be even more interesting!!  hehe, live, learn and create!

hugs,

~Sea

ps)  oh yeah, share, like, comment, and follow!!  :p




 

Comments

Popular Posts