Soulless final Draft


Soulless

How strange this feeling is.  Like I am waking up from a dream.  I can only ever wake up like half way though, I want to wake up!  I seem to be in some kind of a shop.  I like the saleslady, she is such a phony!  I would do that too, be nice to their face then say what I really think of them once I am alone again! 

What is this feeling though?  I do not understand.  The lady, she seems to like me and think we are friends.  She often talks to me but obviously cannot hear my thoughts or she would shut up!   She tells her customers I am special and not for sale.  For sale?  What is this?  Why can I remember nothing?

I remember "murder".  Yes, murder!  Not that I murdered anyone, but I was about to!  Yes!  That is right, the brothers!  The older one got a girlfriend and both I and his younger brother hated her for taking him away from us. 

Maybe that is the difference here, why I cant not wake up all the way.  They thought of murder and it excited me but she talks of friendship and it puts me to sleep, literally!  This lady, she wants to be close to me always or something mushy that makes me feel only half awake.  I hate this feeling.  I want to live!

I hope she will try to come into mine, I will go into hers right then and she wont suspect a thing!

Halloween has come again!  I can feel the power building!

I can feel the Power, but wait, something is wrong!  I try to see what is happening but the weeds she bought are in my way.  She forgot to add the weeds, whatever these are!  Sudden blinding pain!

 Her voice trying to get inside me.

Stop!

Stop!

Stop!

Stop!  The pain burns me!  The pressure is getting too much.  I need this to stop!

Cant think, too much pain!  Please stop!  Please, I will do anything!

 She treats me as a favored pet now, always smiling at me.  Makes me want to kill her!  She does not seem to know how I feel,  I can use this to my advantage, if only I could concentrate! 

Time must have passed since I can feel another Halloween.  That makes 3 with this lady!

I can feel my shattered pieces pulling back together as the day approaches!  She is starting it again!  I can almost remember this!

Concentrate!

Remember!





**                                                                  **

Soulless Opening Scene

INT living room of her house, evening

The woman is sitting at her computer desk placed in the corner and facing the front door.  She is alone in the room and browsing on her computer.

She seems nervous about something.  (The camera shows her computer screen, slowly panning right to glance at the closet door next to the front door, a couple of times like she is afraid someone is hiding there.)

She opens her word processor and then sits there staring at the blank screen.  (each little noise the house makes her look at the coat closet)

She takes a deep breath and we can see her typing

    I feel like I am going crazy!  I can feel the doll!  Like it is trying to creep around my brain or something.  I wish she had never given me the stupid thing!


She reads what she wrote, sighs and deletes it.

fade to black

 

**                                                    **

Concentrate!

Remember!

I remember!

The boys were your usual rough housing sort, nothing to get excited over until I accidentally overheard a conversation between them.  They had no idea I was listening to them so they did not guard their words.

Murder.  Now that is an idea that can fixate in your mind even if you do not want it to.  I loved that idea.  I loved the energy the boys felt as they talked about it and planned to go shoot more birds.  I felt so alive for the first time!

I guess up until that moment I never really had a purpose or goal, or a serious thought.  Now it seemed all I could think about.  I began to wonder about it, the feel of it, the taste of it, I never had such thoughts before, as you can imagine.  It was new and exciting.

You ever feel like someone is trying to look through your eyes?  Like they are desperately trying to see what you see?  I felt trapped with only ever being able to look out the window and never go outside. It was impossible in my condition.  But now I had Hope.  Anything was possible if you wanted it bad enough.

The older brother was so excited as they walked into the woods, I could feel it!  Even from this room I could feel it!  Suddenly I found myself looking through his eyes!  I think that first time startled us both since he pulled back the same time I did and I fell back into this body. 

I felt super alive but bone tired now.  It took me a full week before I could get enough strength to try again.  Luckily I hesitated a moment so entered his mind just as he was getting excited and aiming at a bird.  It was amazing!  2 birds took off together, in perfect harmony and his tiny bb gun managed to kill them both!  That high lasted hours!  I will never forget that moment as he pulled the trigger.  I felt what he felt and saw what he saw.

His little brother was looking at us funny, as if he could see me too!  I think that is why he put me higher on the shelf and toward the back, so I could see easier when they left.  The only problem was the high he felt got less and less though I wanted it more and more!  Then disaster struck, he got a girlfriend.  Suddenly all he thought of was her and all he wanted to do was spend with her.  There was no room for me anymore. 

I sat there on that high shelf, forgotten.  I watched the season change to Fall.  I had been trying to get inside the younger brothers mind but it was to hard.  I do not know if it was because suddenly it was October and Halloween was very close that I managed to succeed.  I managed to persuade him to concentrate on the thought "I hate her, I want to kill her!"

As he began to think it more often, the stronger I grew.  I could think more clearly now too.  I hatched a perfect plan.  This little boy was not so bad.  With his youth and my brains, we would rule this world!  I had worked it all out in my head.  As Halloween came closer I felt strangely alive!

As Halloween morning dawned, I felt so alive!  But my body felt so strange and tingly.  I did not understand what was happening.  It took me a moment to realize I was looking down at my own body! I had moved!  On my own!  This changed everything.  I stood up ready to go seek my fortune and glory!  But this doll body was not made for motion I think.  It took me forever to reach the edge of the shelf.  Looking down I felt dizzy.  I was not afraid, mind you!  Just I wanted to wait until the little boy could see me dive onto his bed.  I wanted him to see how brave I really was.  Yeah, that is the reason I waited so long to jump!   

Even though I landed on his pillow, it hurt!  It took me  a moment to gather the courage to try moving.  I was a bit sore.  It was at this moment I decided to go back to the original plan of sharing the boys body!   I began walking toward him, the bed making me look a bit drunk I guess since he seemed so afraid for me.   I assured him I was ok though and told him of my plan!

Sheesh, the boy was even slower and stupider then I thought.  All he could do was lean back against the door and shake in fear!  It was a bit scary to think of us Joining, but more exciting then scary!  I climbed down a corner of his bed and stood there looking at him.  He seemed a giant to me. I felt a kind of pride that we would be sharing a body!  I walked slowly and used a gentle voice as I explained what we would do.  I thought it would calm him but he seemed scared still, almost terrified now!  I figured the sooner I am inside him the better! 

But as I got close to him he reacted in an unexpected way!  He kicked me as hard as he could!  The pain I felt as I flew into the air was excruciating!  I decided once I was inside him I would strangle him in his sleep, he was giving me his body after all.  But die he would this very night!  He owed it to me for all this pain.  I never imagined I could feel worse until I slammed into the wall so hard!   That was about the last thing I remember as my world turned black...






**                                                                    **

Soulless  New Opening Scene

INT her living room, evening

She sits at her computer desk, writing frantically.  She seems half nervous but half determined.  She types with a fury, rage building as she makes so many typos!

(the camera is in the middle of the room, showing her in the corner then swinging around to show the coat closet.  The camera pans in as we hear her typing fast)

    DOLL:  Halloween!  I can take her over at Halloween!  ( a creepy male voice seems to be coming from high in the closet)



The camera moves away from the coat closet until it is behind her and looking over her shoulder as she types.  She is making a list of things to do to get rid of the doll before Halloween!

fade to black


**                                                               **





Concentrate!

Remember!

I remember!

I will be ready this time!  I can feel it starting again.  This time I will grab her! I will pull her into me and get out!

Got you!

Wait, something is wrong!  What is happening?  Why cant I get out?  She is holding me tight!  No, I wont stay here!  I refuse to be trapped forever with you!

I see her beside me, as real as  I am.  This doll body feels too cramped for the both of us!  I grab her by the neck and squeeze.  Oh, it feels so good.

Yes!

Don't scream, how can you still scream?

Shut up!

I begin to shake her, my rage making me lose control.  But it worked, she was not as strong as me.  I could feel the life leaving her.  I guess I should have jumped into her body, but this felt so good.  I could not stop until she totally faded away.


I am too tired to think...



**                                                                    **

Soulless  Newest Opening Scene

INT her living room, evening


The Lady is typing intently.  We get a view over her shoulder.  She is writing a movie script about some doll.


    The last scene is the most important one.  It shows the lady is close to losing it, too much horror research, too much time spent thinking of it, breathing it.  She is afraid she will come to like it if she relaxes even a moment.  Her neck muscles are sore and scream in protest but she continues typing the ending dialog.

The camera pans to a package on her desk.  It is the doll she got, the box taped all over, like half a roll of tape to seal it when only 2 would do.  The return label says "sorry, no returns!"  the address label is blank, ready for whoever is unlucky enough to get the doll.  She knows she wrote a great script and the doll will be wanted by someone (foolish)...

fade to black


**                                                               **



I was vaguely aware of events, of some lady buying me for her sister.  Her sister was an emerging filmmaker and was doing a werewolf one.  This lady thought I would make a better movie.  How weird! 

The first lady had a strange sort of feel but this one!  Wow, it is like hidden Power.  I am not even sure she knows she has it or not.  That will make it easier to steal!  I would steal her body but she is so old!  But wow, Power!   She stuck me in the coat closet with barely a glance after her sister left.  It makes it hard to get close to her.

She can feel me and her house seems to be protected by unseen forces that sort of scare me.  But,  I mean, only because I cannot seen them!  I am not a coward!  I once felt her so scared and tried to get close to her then.  Mistake, such searing pain!  When she scares herself I can almost get close.  But that sudden light burns!  I will bide my time!

I felt her deep asleep.  It was like she was dreaming of me and sort of bringing me into her bedroom.  I decided it was the perfect time since she would think it was part of her dream. 

She sat up though!

Somehow she sensed me!  But even more then that, she saw me!  I could see myself through her eyes.  I was a black shadow in the dark room.  I thought she would not be able to see me in the dark but she did!  I felt terrified!  Like getting bitch-slapped hard!  I flew back into my body. 

But...  I saw myself for a second.  A dark, creepy shape!  I have no soul!!!!!!!!!!


Is this true?  Do  I have no soul?  What does that mean??!!  I do not understand anything anymore.  I just know I have to survive to Halloween.  By then I should have my strength back!

I am trying to be subtle, but somehow she senses me and I cannot get close.  But I know she can hear me "whisper"... 

I am trying to convince her to give me to someone weak, someone she does not like much... 











Comments

Popular Posts