Creative Writing Process ~10 Soulless Script start..

Creative Writing Process ~10 Soulless Script start...


Here is my opening scene, it depends heavily on sound effects.  I think this is just under a minute film time, a few blinks then she enters and then turns and holds up the mirror.  It is hard going from Jarte (my word program) to here (Blogger)  for some reason, lost all formatting...  First hint he is a doll is he never looks around...

I am really curious how everyone else pictured their opening scene!  I am having trouble trying to describe the sound I can picture.   A "heartbeat in a jar" is a good way, I guess.  

soft heartbeat:



Ting sound:
But this kind of sharp tang with the heartbeat...  does that make sense?  if you have audio equipment, feel free to try to create it!  :p   Maybe slow the heart a bit more or make it not so regular??  will be fun trying to create the sound I picture! 

 




Soulless short film

Opening Scene

INT vintage shop, morning

This scene is to establish the mood for these shorts.  We can see a blurry shop type place, looking from behind a counter.  No idea why we are here or even where here is.  We can hear his thoughts as he regains consciousness.



MALE:
(groaning like regaining consciousness) What happened?


Room darker to lighter but never in focus.  As he begins to panic we can hear his heart begin to beat.  It has a sound like in a jar~ sort of a 'ting' sound like running a finger on the rim of a water glass)



Male: 
(blinking, cant focus)  where?  I don't know...

His heart now is the background noise, a sort of strobe effect with the vision of the room he is in.



Male: 
(panic in voice setting in) I cant remember anything! 

 


His heartbeat goes faster and turns into the jarring jangle of the door bell as the lady enters her shop.  His heart stops beating as she enters.


Male: 
Wait  (listens to sounds of door opening, bell jingling)



 
Male: 
(tries to speak)  H---  no sound comes out

Male:   
throat too dry!  (tries to speak again) W----

 


We can barely see still, a big haired blond comes into view as she puts her stuff under counter and turns to look at us.




LADY:  
Did you have a good night guarding the shop?  (kisses his nose and turns back to counter, hums song ignoring us now) 

Male:  
What?  (tries to speak)  H---

Male:  
why cant I move?  what has she done to me? 

She holds up a big hand mirror to check out herself and to his horror he sees his reflection.


                                                           Male:  
Wait, who is that?  is that me?  is that me?  that cant be me!



Then that kind of slasher horror film music as we see him on the shelf, a doll.  We can hear his silent screams but the lady cant...

fade to black




I will make each scene it's own page so we can comment about them easily.  

hugs,

~Sea

Comments

Popular Posts