Fiber Processing

Fiber Processing

I wonder if I will get any takers…  I placed a classified ad for fiber processing in an Alaskan Native newspaper online.  

Fiber processing ad

Lol, I am so willing to work for fiber at this point in my fiber artist life!  Pictured is the Navaho Churro I got from a lady who had moved up here with it but found she had no time to do it so sold it to me.  It was a great haul of 5 garbage bags full of wool!  It was fleeces from many different navaho churro and a few mixed or second cuts that she got for free to play around with.  I am currently drying some tunis/east friesian (spelling??) cross second cuts and plan to work them into a batt once I get a drum carder!  Or I might not have the patience and try to hand card them!  I think the second cuts will be ok for felting, maybe as decoration instead of main material...


Navaho churro washed and drying on rack






I am trying to get the film stuff together for this summer but so love felting and playing with wool!  I am expecting my 16 pounds of unwashed merino fleeces to arrive by this weekend!  I look forward to showing it before and after the washing!  I am not sure if I will try to hand card it or wait a bit.  I guess it depends on if I get any takers who need their fiber processed for them.  I am hoping there are a lot of people who love fiber but don't have the time to process  it themselves and need someone who believes in quality and loves fiber!

It feels like time is flying by!  where are the weeks going?  I guess I get lost in trying to hand card the navaho churro and other stuff that I lose track of days!  But this month has flown by so fast I think I am in a time warp!  You ever feel like that?  

But I plan to try to get some lanolin from the merino that is coming soon!  last time I was too impatient to wait for it to separate and float to the top  :p  But this time I plan to do it and film bits and pieces of it for a BTS episode on my channel!

If only I had been born rich!!  :p   Love you all and please take care of yourself and each other!

hugs,

~Sea

Comments

Popular Posts