Most current works of wearable art

I took some quick pics of my latest creations and thought I would show a few here...  I plan on getting some props so my items look better displayed.   This is my warp mill, I thought it would be a cute background for the items since it is all fiber art!  All handmade with love and a little prayer woven in...



A popular style is my locks bag.  The backside is "plain", merino wool with an outer layer of flax/linen that will soften with age.  Depending on the locks and materials used these can range from $150 - $500.

This one is called "skirted" because of how it turned out, looking like the bag is wearing a mini skirt... 


locks bag



This is one of my "rugged" series for men who want beautiful wearable art... The textures and edges are rough to give it a very rough and rugged feel.  The main body is silk lap for texture with silk roving and alpaca edging.  It is super soft to the touch.  I will also offer it with straight edges for an extra $20 for those who need it looking "neater"...


alpaca silk scarf


I am so proud of this one!  It was meant to be a wool pachima but I had opened it from the plastic before I remembered I would need to felt it from the middle too...  so it tore a bit because wet wool is so heavy!  I nearly cried at "ruining" it!   But added a super long piece of blue-green silk to help hold it together and called it "Genocide" since it is very much like putting your life back together after it has been brutally torn apart!

Genocide scarf


This is another in my genocide series.  I planned a "rugged" series but made the hat too thick to shrink it down like I had planned.  I was left with this huge "hat" and felt so down on myself for not remembering to calculate thickness in my shrinkage!  But then I thought "Hey!!!  I know what to do!"  I turned it upside down and made it into a gorgeous bag!  

Genocide Bag


This is just a sweet little bag that I wanted to be able to offer people.  Inexpensive but pretty.  A sweet deal!   Affordable luxury of sorts... :p


Sweet Bag


Fingerless gloves are nice to have on hand for when you are a bit cold but also working.  These wrist warmers are so soft and comfortable.  It is 1 thin layer of merino wool done on a pattern that shrinks by half.  it makes it feel like you are not even wearing it...


wrist warmer



#HandmadeWithLove
#FiberArt
#FiberArtist
#Merino
#nunofelt
#wearableArt

Comments

Popular Posts