Next Gear…

Next Gear…

I can't wait until I can afford the next gear I want!  Step by step, even if these first ones are tiny baby steps…  It will get done!  So, I find my scenes in the woods too choppy!  I plan to drop down from 4k recording to HD to make it rock for now.  I upgraded my ssd card from the basic to the $250 mega one, I forget what it is called, but it still a bit choppy when trying to do a forest scene.  I guess because I want to capture all the textures and leaves, I am not happy with it as it is now.  I can do it if I move super slow but I guess I forget as I get excited thinking how the scene will look when finished.

It is a forest scene, a chase through the woods.  The trees are quite beautiful and spaced so nicely that it seems made for a chase!  


Atomos Shogun Inferno 7" 4K HDMI/Quad 3G-SDI/12G-SDI Recording Monitor

This is what I plan to get as soon as I can.  It will help capture it and not be so choppy.  I will go this week and try to go super slow and record it in small bits so it is easy to work with too.  It is $1,995 at B & H Photo.

I also want outdoor battery operated flashes.  I have an excellent set for inside already: Arri fresnel set of 3 with stands!   Now I want this:


It has excellent reviews, is durable and battery operated!  It is at B & H Photo for $1,699.  I really am enjoying playing with my current light set and can't wait until we can get a studio that has room we can do a full set up of them.  Right now i use just one, sometimes the 350 and sometimes the 650, just to see how it looks and all.  We have the 5 in 1 reflector set and our favorite is the gold bounce one or the white diffuser.

I am working my way there!  I am trying to sell some photos at Flashstock, I have only just joined it so no pics sold yet.  But I hope people grow to love my style.  We plan to find wedding dresses at used clothing store sometime and do some wedding shoots and hopefully get jobs doing weddings and portraits.  

So can't wait until we can get upgrades to our camera too!  I think this Sony A7S ii is an excellent starter camera.  But it is a starter one for a filmmaker like me.  Eventually I want the 2 "A" camera set up of 


either the Sony F7 









or Sony F5, (or f55 if we want to dream big)







not sure which yet.  It is good to have goals and know what you want, even if not exactly sure which one…  I am very happy and decided I will go ahead and do a video on my Youtube channel this week even with my goofy looking hair.  I am growing out a haircut and at that "It looks so silly!!" stage!

I so hope they like my photos, it was so fun to try.  I find it a tiny bit limiting trying to follow someone's idea, but also a challenge to make it my own too!  I am not sure how long it takes to find out if they (Flashstock) chose a pic or not though.  It is not much money but at this point, it is more getting noticed then the money.  

What are your dreams?  Are you going for them yet?  I do hope you will try!  I know for years and years I held these dreams deep in  my heart, so secret so none could steal them away or ruin them, they kept me going through a hard times!  But trying to make these same dreams into reality is a lot better.  I think anyone who has been in a rough situation can understand wanting to have a secret spot no one could get to where you could hide and dream.  But that is not the way to live.  The way is to change your life to get to a point you no longer have to hide you have dreams and goals!  It is scary, the fear you could lose this dream, somehow ruin it by not making it happen, but that is just a fear that fades as soon as you begin to work toward your goals!  

hugs and love,

~Sea

#Photography #SonyA7Sii #SonyF5 #Dreams #Unangan

Comments

Popular Posts